Upon waking, a woman said to her husband, "I just dreamt that you gave me a necklace of pearls. What do you think it means?"
The man smiled and kissed his wife. "Youll know tonight," he softly whispered.
That evening, the man came home with a small package which he gave to his wife. She jumped up and embraced him, and then settled on the couch to slowly and delicately unwrap the package.
It contained a book entitled, "The Meaning of Dreams".
—v. (-mm-) 1 play (a stringed instrument) monotonously or unskilfully.
- (often foll. By on) drum idly. —n. - such playing.
- resulting sound. [imitative]
- n. - unwoven end of a warp-thread, or the whole of such ends, left when the finished web is cut away.
- any short loose thread. [old english]
index n. Set of lettered grooves cut down the side of a book for easy reference.
- —n. - short thick finger on the human hand, set apart from the other four.
- part of a glove etc. For a thumb. —v. - wear or soil (pages etc.) With a thumb.
- turn over pages with or as with a thumb (thumbed through the directory).
- request or get (a lift) by signalling with a raised thumb.
- use the thumb in a gesture. thumb one's nose = cock a snook (see *snook). Thumbs down indication of rejection. Thumbs up indication of satisfaction or approval. Under a person's thumb completely dominated by a person. [old english]
—v. - beat or strike heavily, esp. With the fist.
- throb strongly.
- (foll. By at, on, etc.) Knock loudly. —n. - heavy blow.
- dull sound of this. [imitative]
n. Any of several herbs with aromatic leaves. [greek thumon]
n. - jewelled ornamental band worn on the front of a woman's hair.
- three-crowned diadem worn by a pope. tiaraed adj. [latin from greek]
n. (pl. Tibiae) anat. Inner of two bones extending from the knee to the ankle. tibial adj. [latin]
adj. Relating to, like, or affected by tides. tidally adv.
- wave n. - exceptionally large ocean wave, esp. One caused by an underwater earthquake.
- widespread manifestation of feeling etc.
n. - connection or association.
- joint promotion of related commodities etc. (e.g. A book and a film).
n. Connection, association.
lily n. Tall garden lily with dark-spotted orange flowers.
- moth n. Moth with richly spotted and streaked wings.
- n. - large asian animal of the cat family, with a yellow-brown coat with black stripes.
- fierce, energetic, or formidable person. [greek tigris]