A lawyer and a doctor were on an extravagant fishing trip.
The lawyer said, "I am here because my house burned down and everything I owned was burned. The insurance company paid a mint for everything I lost."
"Now that’s quite a coincidence," said the doctor, "I’m here because my house and all my belongings were destroyed by a flood, and my insurance company also paid for everything."
The lawyer looked somewhat confused and said, "Really? How do you start a flood?"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - a male singing-voice between baritone and alto or counter-tenor. B singer with this voice.
- (often attrib.) Instrument with a similar range. - (usu. Foll. By of) general meaning. - (usu. Foll. By of) prevailing course, esp. Of a person's life or habits. [latin teneo hold] TENSE
—adj. - stretched tight, strained.
- causing tenseness (tense moment). —v. (-sing) make or become tense. tense up become tense. tensely adv. Tenseness n. [latin tensus: related to *tend1] - n. - form of a verb indicating the time (also the continuance or completeness) of the action etc. - set of such forms as a paradigm. [latin tempus time] TENTH
adj. & n. - next after ninth.
- any of ten equal parts of a thing. tenthly adv. TEPEE
n. (also teepee) n. American indian's conical tent. [dakota]
adj. - lukewarm.
- unenthusiastic. tepidity n. Tepidly adv. [latin] TERMS
of reference n.pl. Scope of an inquiry etc.; definition of this.
firma n. Dry land, firm ground. [latin]
- incognita n. Unexplored region. [latin, = unknown land] TERRY
n. (often attrib.) Looped pile fabric used esp. For towels and nappies. [origin unknown]
adj. (terser, tersest) 1 brief, concise.
- curt, abrupt. tersely adv. Terseness n. [latin tergo ters- wipe] TESLA
n. Si unit of magnetic induction. [tesla, name of a scientist]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Giraffes are the only animals born with horns. Both males and females are born with bony knobs on the forehead.