"George, darling, what is it about me you find so attractive? Is it my personality?"
"Is it my figure?"
"Is it my charisma?"
"I give in."
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: T
Found: 1692 results
n. (often titan) person of very great strength, intellect, or importance. [greek, = member of a race of giants]
barn n. Barn built to hold tithes paid in kind.
- —n. - one-tenth of the annual produce of land or labour, formerly taken as a tax for the church.
- tenth part. —v. (-thing) 1 subject to tithes.
- pay tithes. [old english, = tenth]
n. - name of a book, work of art, etc.
- heading of a chapter, document, etc.
- a = *title-page. B book, magazine, etc., in terms of its title (brought out two new titles).
- (usu. In pl.) Caption or credit in a film etc.
- name indicating a person's status (e.g. Queen, professor) or used as a form of address or reference (e.g. Lord, mr, your grace).
- championship in sport.
- law a right to ownership of property with or without possession. B facts constituting this. C (foll. By to) just or recognized claim. [latin titulus]
- role n. Part in a play etc. That gives it its name (e.g. Othello).
n. (pl. -ies) colloq. State of agitation (in a tizzy). [origin unknown]
—n. (pl. -ies) sycophant. —v. (foll. By to) (-ies, -ied) behave servilely to; fawn upon. toadyism n. [contraction of toad-eater]
rack n. Rack for holding slices of toast at table.
- —n. - sliced bread browned on both sides by radiant heat.
- a person or thing in whose honour a company is requested to drink. B call to drink or an instance of drinking in this way. —v. - brown by radiant heat.
- warm (one's feet, oneself, etc.) At a fire etc.
- drink to the health or in honour of (a person or thing). [french toster roast]
—adv. - on this present day.
- nowadays. —n. - this present day.
- modern times. [old english]
n. (pl. -ies) drink of spirits with hot water and sugar etc. [hindustani tar palm]
n.pl. Net, snare. [toil from french: related to *toilet]
and froing n. Constant movement to and fro; bustle; dispersed activity. [from *to, *fro]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Shrimps" hearts are in their heads.