What is the difference between a Russian optimist, pessimist and realist?
The optimist studies English.
The pessimist studies Chinese.
The realist stays home and cleans his kalashnikov.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: T
Found: 1692 results
var. Of *topi.
n. Subject of a discourse, conversation, or argument. [greek topos place, commonplace]
n. Addition; something that serves to top up.
n. Woman's small brimless hat. [french]
n. - portable battery-powered electric lamp.
- thing lit for illumination.
- source of heat, illumination, or enlightenment. carry a torch for suffer from unrequited love for. [latin: related to *tort]
- song n. Popular song of unrequited love.
n. (pl. -s) 1 trunk of the human body.
- statue of this. [latin thyrsus rod]
—adj. - complete, comprising the whole (total number of votes).
- absolute, unqualified (in total ignorance). —n. Total number or amount. —v. (-ll-; us -l-) 1 a amount in number to. B find the total of.
- (foll. By to, up to) amount to. [medieval latin totus entire]
n. - natural object, esp. An animal, adopted esp. By n. American indians as an emblem of a clan or individual.
- image of this. totemic adj. [algonquian]
—v. - come into or be in physical contact with (a thing, each other, etc.).
- (often foll. By with) bring the hand etc. Into contact with.
- bring (two things) into mutual contact.
- rouse tender or painful feelings in.
- strike lightly.
- (usu. With neg.) A disturb, harm, or affect. B have any dealings with. C consume, use (i don't touch alcohol).
- a reach as far as, esp. Momentarily. B (usu. With neg.) Approach in excellence etc. (can't touch him for style).
- modify (pity touched with fear). 10 (as touched adj.) Colloq. Slightly mad. 11 (usu. Foll.
—adj. - hard to break, cut, tear, or chew.
- able to endure hardship; hardy.
- unyielding, stubborn, difficult (it was a tough job).
- colloq. A acting sternly; hard (get tough with). B (of circumstances, luck, etc.) Severe, hard.
- colloq. Criminal or violent. —n. Tough person, esp. A ruffian. toughen v. Toughness n. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A dog can hear sounds 250 yards away.