Jack was living in Arizona during a heat wave when the following took place.
"It"s just too hot to wear clothes today," complained Jack as he stepped out of the shower. "Honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?"
"Probably that I married you for your money."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
var. Of *topi.
n. Subject of a discourse, conversation, or argument. [greek topos place, commonplace]
n. Addition; something that serves to top up.
n. Woman's small brimless hat. [french]
n. - portable battery-powered electric lamp.
- thing lit for illumination. - source of heat, illumination, or enlightenment. carry a torch for suffer from unrequited love for. [latin: related to *tort] - song n. Popular song of unrequited love. TORSO
n. (pl. -s) 1 trunk of the human body.
- statue of this. [latin thyrsus rod] TOTAL
—adj. - complete, comprising the whole (total number of votes).
- absolute, unqualified (in total ignorance). —n. Total number or amount. —v. (-ll-; us -l-) 1 a amount in number to. B find the total of. - (foll. By to, up to) amount to. [medieval latin totus entire] TOTEM
n. - natural object, esp. An animal, adopted esp. By n. American indians as an emblem of a clan or individual.
- image of this. totemic adj. [algonquian] TOUCH
—v. - come into or be in physical contact with (a thing, each other, etc.).
- (often foll. By with) bring the hand etc. Into contact with. - bring (two things) into mutual contact. - rouse tender or painful feelings in. - strike lightly. - (usu. With neg.) A disturb, harm, or affect. B have any dealings with. C consume, use (i don't touch alcohol). - concern. - a reach as far as, esp. Momentarily. B (usu. With neg.) Approach in excellence etc. (can't touch him for style). - modify (pity touched with fear). 10 (as touched adj.) Colloq. Slightly mad. 11 (usu. Foll. TOUGH
—adj. - hard to break, cut, tear, or chew.
- able to endure hardship; hardy. - unyielding, stubborn, difficult (it was a tough job). - colloq. A acting sternly; hard (get tough with). B (of circumstances, luck, etc.) Severe, hard. - colloq. Criminal or violent. —n. Tough person, esp. A ruffian. toughen v. Toughness n. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Armadillos are the only animal besides humans that can get leprosy.