Little Johnny and his family lived in the country, and as a result seldom had guests. He was eager to help his mother after his father appeared with two dinner guests from the office. When the dinner was nearly over, Little Johnny went to the kitchen and proudly carried in the first piece of apple pie, giving it to his father who passed it to a guest.
Little Johnny came in with a second piece of pie and gave it to his father, who again gave it to a guest.
This was too much for Little Johnny, who said, "It"s no use, Dad. The pieces are all the same size."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
corner n. (also tight place or spot) difficult situation.
- —adj. - closely held, drawn, fastened, fitting, etc. (tight hold; tight skirt). - too closely fitting. - impermeable, impervious, esp. (in comb.) To a specified thing (watertight). - tense; stretched. - colloq. Drunk. - colloq. Stingy. - (of money or materials) not easily obtainable. - a (of precautions, a programme, etc.) Stringent, demanding. B presenting difficulties (tight situation). - produced by or requiring great exertion or pressure (tight squeeze). —adv. Tightly (hold tight!). tightly adv. Tightness n. [old norse] TILDE
n. Mark (˜) put over a letter, e.g. Over a spanish n when pronounced ny (as in señor). [latin: related to *title]
n. - tillage, cultivation.
- tilled soil. [old english: related to *till3] TIMER
n. Person or device that measures or records time taken.
adj. (timider, timidest) easily frightened; apprehensive. timidity n. Timidly adv. [latin timeo fear]
—v. (-ging) (often foll. By with; often in passive) 1 colour slightly.
- affect slightly. —n. - tendency towards or trace of some colour. - slight admixture of a feeling or quality. [latin tingo tinct- dye] TINNY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 of or like tin.
- flimsy, insubstantial. - (of sound) thin and metallic. TIPSY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 slightly drunk.
- caused by or showing intoxication (a tipsy lurch). tipsily adv. Tipsiness n. [from *tip2] TIPUP
attrib. Adj. Able to be tipped, e.g. Of a theatre seat.
adj. - weary; ready for sleep.
- (of an idea etc.) Hackneyed. tiredly adv. Tiredness n.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Bees have 5 eyes. There are 3 small eyes on the top of a bee"s head and 2 larger ones in front.