A policeman spots a woman driving and knitting at the same time. Driving up beside her, he shouts out the window...
"No," she shouts back, "a pair of socks!"
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: T
Found: 1692 results
n. (pl. -ies) philos. - explanation of phenomena by the purpose they serve.
- theol. Doctrine of design and purpose in the material world. teleological adj. [greek telos end]
n. Supposed paranormal communication of thoughts. telepathic adj. Telepathically adv.
book n. = *telephone directory.
- booth n. (also telephone kiosk, telephone box) booth etc. With a telephone for public use.
- directory n. Book listing telephone subscribers and numbers.
- number n. Number used to call a particular telephone.
- —n. - apparatus for transmitting sound (esp. Speech) to a distance, esp. By using optical or electrical signals.
- handset etc. Used in this.
- system of communication using a network of telephones. —v. (-ning) 1 speak to or send (a message) by telephone.
- make a telephone call. on the telephone having or using a telephone. Over the telephone using the telephone. telephonic adj. Telephonically adv.
n. Transmission of sound by telephone.
n. (pl. -s) (in full telephoto lens) lens used in telephotography.
n.pl. Selling by telephone.
—n. - optical instrument using lenses or mirrors to magnify distant objects.
- = *radio telescope. —v. (-ping) 1 press or drive (sections of a tube, colliding vehicles, etc.) Together so that one slides into another.
- close or be capable of closing in this way.
- compress so as to occupy less space or time.
n. Rare lustrous silver-white element used in semiconductors. telluric adj. [latin tellus -ur- earth]
adj. - avoiding excess.
- (of a region or climate) mild. [latin: related to *temper]
—adj. Lasting or meant to last only for a limited time. —n. (pl. -ies) person employed temporarily. temporarily adv. Temporariness n.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The typical laboratory mouse runs 2.5 miles per night on its treadmill.