Wayne was returning home from a business trip... bags in hand ... and slowly making his way to his vehicle in the crowded airport garage.
Suddenly a large dark car screeched to a stop in front of Wayne, and the driver pointed menacingly at him. “Get in," the driver ordered. "I"ll take you to your car."
Startled, Wayne took a step backward. "Ah ... no thanks," he answered. "I can get there myself."
"No," the man barked back as he threw open his passenger side door. "Get In !"
Wayne’s eyes now darted around the garage, hoping to find a security guard.
Just then, the driver’s face softened. "Please," he said, "I’ve been driving up and down for two hours. I can’t find a space to park and I want yours.
- having, or done in, bad taste. tastelessly adv. Tastelessness n.
n. (pl. -ies) repetition using different words, esp. As a fault of style (e.g. Arrived one after the other in succession). tautological adj. Tautologous adj. [greek tauto the same]
n. Art of preparing, stuffing, and mounting the skins of animals. taxidermist n. [greek taxis arrangement, derma skin]
n. Automatic fare-indicator fitted to a taxi. [french: related to *tax]
adj. - of the mechanical arts and applied sciences (technical college).
- of a particular subject or craft etc. Or its techniques (technical terms).
- (of a book or discourse etc.) Using technical language; specialized.
- due to mechanical failure (technical hitch).
- strictly or legally interpreted (lost on a technical point). technically adv.
- knockout n. Ruling by the referee that a boxer has lost because he is not fit to continue.
n. - mechanical skill in art.
- skilful manipulation of a situation, people, etc.
- manner of artistic execution in music, painting, etc. [french: related to *technic]
n.pl. (usu. Treated as sing.) Study of the earth's large-scale structural features (see *plate tectonics).
—n. (often attrib.) Device or system for transmitting messages or signals to a distance, esp. By making and breaking an electrical connection (telegraph wire). —v. - (often followed by to) send a message by telegraph to.
- send or communicate by telegraph (telegraphed my concern).
- give advance indication of (telegraphed his punch). telegraphist n.
n. Process of recording the readings of an instrument and transmitting them by radio. telemeter n.