adj. & adv. - three times as much or as many.
- consisting of three parts.
whip n. Written notice to mps from their leader insisting on attendance at a debate and voting a certain way.
n. Group of three persons.
n. - strip of wood or stone forming the bottom of a doorway and crossed in entering a house etc.
- point of entry or beginning.
- limit below which a stimulus causes no reaction. [old english: related to *thrash in the sense ‘tread’]
attrib. Adj. - meant to be thrown away after (one) use.
- spoken in a deliberately casual way.
- disposed to throwing things away (throw-away society).
n. - reversion to ancestral character.
- instance of this.
n. - nail of a thumb.
- (attrib.) Concise (thumbnail sketch).
n. Table indicating the times of high and low tides.
n. Rope stretched tightly high above the ground, on which acrobats perform.
n. Limit of time within which a task must be done.