A woman walked into the kitchen to find her husband stalking around with a fly swatter.
"What are you doing?" she asked.
"Hunting flies," he responded.
"Oh… Killed any?" she asked.
"Yep, three males, two females," he replied.
Intrigued, she asked, "How can you tell?"
He responded, "Three were on a beer can, two were on the phone."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) 1 avoid committing oneself so as to gain time; procrastinate.
- comply temporarily; adopt a time-serving policy. TENACIOUS
adj. - (often foll. By of) keeping a firm hold.
- persistent, resolute. - (of memory) retentive. tenaciously adv. Tenacity n. [latin tenax -acis from teneo hold] TENDERIZE
v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) make (esp. Meat) tender by beating, hanging, marinading, etc. tenderizer n.
adj. Literary dark, gloomy. [latin tenebrosus]
hat n. Cowboy's large broad-brimmed hat.
adj. - experimental.
- hesitant, not definite (tentative suggestion). tentatively adv. Tentativeness n. [medieval latin: related to *tempt] TERMAGANT
n. Overbearing woman; virago. [french tervagan from italian]
v. (-ting) 1 bring or come to an end.
- (foll. By in) (of a word) end in (a specified letter etc.). TERRARIUM
n. (pl. -s or -ria) 1 place for keeping small land animals.
- sealed transparent globe etc. Containing growing plants. [latin terra earth, after aquarium] TERRITORY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 extent of the land under the jurisdiction of a ruler, state, etc.
- (territory) organized division of a country, esp. One not yet admitted to the full rights of a state. - sphere of action etc.; province. - commercial traveller's sales area. - animal's or human's defended space or area. - area defended by a team or player in a game. [latin terra land]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A hummingbird weighs less than a penny.