- I love you. I love you. Won"t you be my wife?
- You must see mama first.
- I have seen her several times, but I love you just the same.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: R
Found: 1546 results
—v. - a bring back or give an account of. B state as fact or news, narrate or describe or repeat, esp. As an eyewitness or hearer etc. C relate as spoken by another.
- make an official or formal statement about.
- (often foll. By to) bring (an offender or offence) to the attention of the authorities.
- (often foll. By to) present oneself to a person as having returned or arrived.
- (also absol.) Take down word for word, summarize, or write a description of for publication.
- make or send in a report.
- (foll. By to) be responsible to (a superior etc.). —n. - account given or opinion formally expressed after investigation or consideration.
- description, summary, or reproduction of a scene, speech, law case, etc., esp. For newspaper publication or broadcast.
- common talk; rumour.
- way a person or thing is spoken of (hear a good report of you).
- periodical statement on (esp. A school pupil's) work, conduct, etc.
- sound of a gunshot etc. reportedly adv. [latin porto bring]
—n. - cessation of activity, excitement, or toil.
- peaceful or quiescent state; tranquillity. —v. (-sing) 1 (also refl.) Lie down in rest.
- (often foll. By in, on) lie, be lying or laid, esp. In sleep or death. [latin: related to *pause]
- v. (-sing) (foll. By in) place (trust etc.) In. [from *re-, *pose]
—n. Reputation. —v. (as reputed adj.) 1 be generally considered (is reputed to be the best).
- passing as, but probably not (his reputed father). reputedly adv. [latin puto think]
v. (past and past part. Reread) read again.
n. Sale of a thing previously bought.
—v. (-ues, -ued, -uing) (often foll. By from) save or set free from danger or harm. —n. Rescuing or being rescued. rescuer n. [romanic: related to *re-, *ex-1, *quash]
v. Seal again. resealable adj.
v. (past and past part. Resold) sell (an object etc.) After buying it.
v. Feel indignation at; be aggrieved by (a circumstance, action, or person). [latin sentio feel]
v. (-ding) 1 have one's home, dwell permanently.
- (foll. By in) (of power, a right, etc.) Be vested in.
- (foll. By in) (of a quality) be present or inherent in. [latin sedeo sit]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The largest cockroach on record is one measured at 3.81 inches in length.