A small child met his new teacher for the first time.
“Are you good?” asked the teacher.
“I am the sort of boy my mummy tells me not to play with.”
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: R
Found: 1546 results
adj. Careless of duty; lax, negligent. [latin: related to *remit]
(brit. Remould) —v. - mould again; refashion.
- re-form the tread of (a tyre). —n. Remoulded tyre.
adj. (remoter, remotest) 1 far away, far apart, distant.
- isolated; secluded.
- distantly related (remote ancestor).
- slight, faint (a remote hope; not the remotest chance).
- aloof; not friendly. remotely adv. Remoteness n. [latin remotus: related to *remove]
- control n. - control of an apparatus from a distance by means of signals transmitted from a radio or electronic device.
- such a device.
—v. (-ving) 1 take off or away from the place occupied.
- a convey to another place; change the situation of. B get rid of; dismiss.
- cause to be no longer present or available; take away (privileges were removed).
- (in passive; foll. By from) distant or remote in condition (country is not far removed from anarchy).
- (as removed adj.) (esp. Of cousins) separated by a specified number of steps of descent (a first cousin twice removed = a grandchild of a first cousin). —n. - degree of remoteness; distance.
- stage in a gradation; degree (several removes from what i expected).
- form or division in some schools. removable adj. [latin removeo -mot-]
v. (-ming) name again; give a new name to.
v. - cause to be or become (rendered us helpless).
- give or pay (money, service, etc.), esp. In return or as a thing due.
- (often foll. By to) a give (assistance). B show (obedience etc.). C do (a service etc.).
- submit; send in; present (an account, reason, etc.).
- a represent or portray. B act (a role). C mus. Perform; execute.
- (often foll. By down) melt down (fat etc.).
- cover (stone or brick) with a coat of plaster. rendering n. (esp. In senses 5, 6, and 8). [latin reddo give back]
v. (-ging) (often foll. By on) go back on (one's word etc.). [latin nego deny]
n. - curdled milk found in the stomach of an unweaned calf.
- preparation made from the stomach-membrane of a calf or from certain fungi, used in making cheese. [probably old english: related to *run]
n. Fame, high distinction. [french renomer make famous]
n. - amount paid or received as rent.
- act of renting. [anglo-french or anglo-latin: related to *rent1]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.