One night a father sent his kid to bed. Five minutes later the boy screamed, “Dad! Can you get me a glass of water!?!”
“No. You had your chance.”
A minute later the boy screamed, “Dad!! Can you get me a glass of water?”
“No. You had your chance. Next time you ask I’ll come up there and spank you.”
“Dad! When you come up to spank me can you bring me a glass of water?”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. Careless of duty; lax, negligent. [latin: related to *remit]
(brit. Remould) —v. - mould again; refashion.
- re-form the tread of (a tyre). —n. Remoulded tyre. REMOTE
adj. (remoter, remotest) 1 far away, far apart, distant.
- isolated; secluded. - distantly related (remote ancestor). - slight, faint (a remote hope; not the remotest chance). - aloof; not friendly. remotely adv. Remoteness n. [latin remotus: related to *remove] - control n. - control of an apparatus from a distance by means of signals transmitted from a radio or electronic device. - such a device. REMOVE
—v. (-ving) 1 take off or away from the place occupied.
- a convey to another place; change the situation of. B get rid of; dismiss. - cause to be no longer present or available; take away (privileges were removed). - (in passive; foll. By from) distant or remote in condition (country is not far removed from anarchy). - (as removed adj.) (esp. Of cousins) separated by a specified number of steps of descent (a first cousin twice removed = a grandchild of a first cousin). —n. - degree of remoteness; distance. - stage in a gradation; degree (several removes from what i expected). - form or division in some schools. removable adj. [latin removeo -mot-] RENAME
v. (-ming) name again; give a new name to.
v. - cause to be or become (rendered us helpless).
- give or pay (money, service, etc.), esp. In return or as a thing due. - (often foll. By to) a give (assistance). B show (obedience etc.). C do (a service etc.). - submit; send in; present (an account, reason, etc.). - a represent or portray. B act (a role). C mus. Perform; execute. - translate. - (often foll. By down) melt down (fat etc.). - cover (stone or brick) with a coat of plaster. rendering n. (esp. In senses 5, 6, and 8). [latin reddo give back] RENEGE
v. (-ging) (often foll. By on) go back on (one's word etc.). [latin nego deny]
n. - curdled milk found in the stomach of an unweaned calf.
- preparation made from the stomach-membrane of a calf or from certain fungi, used in making cheese. [probably old english: related to *run] RENOWN
n. Fame, high distinction. [french renomer make famous]
n. - amount paid or received as rent.
- act of renting. [anglo-french or anglo-latin: related to *rent1]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
An ostrich"s eye is bigger than its brain.