—n. - (often foll. By for) great liking or enjoyment.
- a appetizing flavour. B attractive quality.
- condiment eaten with plainer food to add flavour.
- (foll. By of) distinctive taste or tinge. —v. - get pleasure out of; enjoy greatly.
- anticipate with pleasure.
v. (-ving) live (an experience etc.) Over again, esp. In the imagination.
v. (also absol.) Load (esp. A gun) again.
past and past part. Of *remake.
v. - be left over after others or other parts have been removed, used, or dealt with.
- be in the same place or condition during further time; stay (remained at home).
- (foll. By compl.) Continue to be (remained calm; remains president). [latin remaneo]
—v. (-king; past and past part. Remade) make again or differently. —n. Thing that has been remade, esp. A cinema film.
centre n. Institution to which accused persons are remanded.
- —v. Return (a prisoner) to custody, esp. To allow further inquiry. —n. Recommittal to custody. on remand in custody pending trial. [latin remando]
—v. - (often foll. By that) a say by way of comment. B archaic take notice of; regard with attention.
- (usu. Foll. By on, upon) make a comment. —n. - written or spoken comment; anything said.
- a noticing (worthy of remark). B commenting (let it pass without remark). [french remarquer: related to *mark1]
—n. (pl. -ies) (often foll. By for, against) 1 medicine or treatment.
- means of counteracting or removing anything undesirable.
- redress; legal or other reparation. —v. (-ies, -ied) rectify; make good. remediable adj. [latin remedium from medeor heal]
v. (usu. Foll. By of or to + infin. Or that + clause) cause (a person) to remember or think of (reminds me of her father; reminded them of the time).