"We"re going to play elephants and circuses," - said a little boy at kindergarten, "Do you want to join in?"
"I"d love to," - replied the teacher. "What do you want me to do?"
"You can be the lady that feeds us peanuts!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. - (often foll. By from) give up office, one's employment, etc.
- relinquish, surrender (a right, task, etc.). - refl. (usu. Foll. By to) reconcile (oneself etc.) To the inevitable. [latin signo sign] - v. Sign again. RESIST
—v. - withstand the action or effect of.
- stop the course or progress of. - abstain from (pleasure, temptation, etc.). - strive against; try to impede; refuse to comply with (resist arrest). - offer opposition; refuse to comply. —n. Protective coating of a resistant substance. resistible adj. [latin sisto stop] RESOLD
past and past part. Of *resell.
v. Sort again or differently.
- —n. - place frequented esp. For holidays or for a specified purpose or quality (seaside resort; health resort). - a thing to which one has recourse; expedient, measure. B (foll. By to) recourse to; use of (without resort to violence). —v. - (foll. By to) turn to as an expedient (resorted to force). - (foll. By to) go often or in large numbers to. in the (or as a) last resort when all else has failed. [french sortir go out] RESULT
—n. - consequence, issue, or outcome of something.
- satisfactory outcome (gets results). - end product of calculation. - (in pl.) List of scores or winners etc. In examinations or sporting events. —v. - (often foll. By from) arise as the actual, or follow as a logical, consequence. - (often foll. By in) have a specified end or outcome (resulted in a large profit). [latin resulto spring back] RESUME
n. Summary. [french: related to *resume]
- v. (-ming) 1 begin again or continue after an interruption. - begin to speak, work, or use again; recommence. - get back; take back (resume one's seat). [latin sumo sumpt- take] RETAIL
—n. Sale of goods in small quantities to the public, and usu. Not for resale. —adj. & adv. By retail; at a retail price. —v. - sell (goods) by retail.
- (often foll. By at, of) (of goods) be sold in this way (esp. For a specified price). - recount; relate details of. retailer n. [french taillier cut: related to *tally] RETAIN
v. - a keep possession of; not lose; continue to have. B not abolish, discard, or alter.
- keep in one's memory. - keep in place; hold fixed. - secure the services of (a person, esp. A barrister) with a preliminary payment. [latin retineo -tent-] RETAKE
—v. (-king; past retook; past part. Retaken) 1 take (a photograph, exam, etc.) Again.
- recapture. —n. - act of filming a scene or recording music etc. Again. - film or recording obtained in this way. - act of taking an exam etc. Again. RETARD
v. - make slow or late.
- delay the progress or accomplishment of. retardant adj. & n. Retardation n. [latin tardus slow]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The oldest known goldfish lived to 41 years of age. Its name was Fred.