Tom had won a toy at a raffle. He called his kids together to ask which one should have the present.
“Who is the most obedient?” he asked. “Who never talks back to mother? Who does everything she says?”
Five small voices answered in unison. “Okay, dad, you get the toy.”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. - (often foll. By from) give up office, one's employment, etc.
- relinquish, surrender (a right, task, etc.). - refl. (usu. Foll. By to) reconcile (oneself etc.) To the inevitable. [latin signo sign] - v. Sign again. RESIST
—v. - withstand the action or effect of.
- stop the course or progress of. - abstain from (pleasure, temptation, etc.). - strive against; try to impede; refuse to comply with (resist arrest). - offer opposition; refuse to comply. —n. Protective coating of a resistant substance. resistible adj. [latin sisto stop] RESOLD
past and past part. Of *resell.
v. Sort again or differently.
- —n. - place frequented esp. For holidays or for a specified purpose or quality (seaside resort; health resort). - a thing to which one has recourse; expedient, measure. B (foll. By to) recourse to; use of (without resort to violence). —v. - (foll. By to) turn to as an expedient (resorted to force). - (foll. By to) go often or in large numbers to. in the (or as a) last resort when all else has failed. [french sortir go out] RESULT
—n. - consequence, issue, or outcome of something.
- satisfactory outcome (gets results). - end product of calculation. - (in pl.) List of scores or winners etc. In examinations or sporting events. —v. - (often foll. By from) arise as the actual, or follow as a logical, consequence. - (often foll. By in) have a specified end or outcome (resulted in a large profit). [latin resulto spring back] RESUME
n. Summary. [french: related to *resume]
- v. (-ming) 1 begin again or continue after an interruption. - begin to speak, work, or use again; recommence. - get back; take back (resume one's seat). [latin sumo sumpt- take] RETAIL
—n. Sale of goods in small quantities to the public, and usu. Not for resale. —adj. & adv. By retail; at a retail price. —v. - sell (goods) by retail.
- (often foll. By at, of) (of goods) be sold in this way (esp. For a specified price). - recount; relate details of. retailer n. [french taillier cut: related to *tally] RETAIN
v. - a keep possession of; not lose; continue to have. B not abolish, discard, or alter.
- keep in one's memory. - keep in place; hold fixed. - secure the services of (a person, esp. A barrister) with a preliminary payment. [latin retineo -tent-] RETAKE
—v. (-king; past retook; past part. Retaken) 1 take (a photograph, exam, etc.) Again.
- recapture. —n. - act of filming a scene or recording music etc. Again. - film or recording obtained in this way. - act of taking an exam etc. Again. RETARD
v. - make slow or late.
- delay the progress or accomplishment of. retardant adj. & n. Retardation n. [latin tardus slow]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The erect penis of a blue whale is approximately 9.5 feet long.