Wayne was returning home from a business trip... bags in hand ... and slowly making his way to his vehicle in the crowded airport garage.
Suddenly a large dark car screeched to a stop in front of Wayne, and the driver pointed menacingly at him. “Get in," the driver ordered. "I"ll take you to your car."
Startled, Wayne took a step backward. "Ah ... no thanks," he answered. "I can get there myself."
"No," the man barked back as he threw open his passenger side door. "Get In !"
Wayne’s eyes now darted around the garage, hoping to find a security guard.
Just then, the driver’s face softened. "Please," he said, "I’ve been driving up and down for two hours. I can’t find a space to park and I want yours.
n. W. Indian style of music with a strongly accented subsidiary beat. [origin unknown]
n. (also regime) 1 method or system of government.
- prevailing order or system of things.
- regimen. [french: related to *regimen]
n. - (after the name) reigning queen (elizabeth regina).
- law the crown (regina v. Jones). [latin, = queen: related to *rex]
n. - geographical area or division, having definable boundaries or characteristics (fertile region).
- administrative area, esp. In scotland.
- part of the body (lumbar region).
- sphere or realm (region of metaphysics). in the region of approximately. regional adj. Regionally adv. [latin rego rule]
professor n. Holder of a chair founded by a sovereign (esp. One at oxford or cambridge instituted by henry viii) or filled by crown appointment. [latin regius royal]
—v. (-tt-) 1 feel or express sorrow, repentance, or distress over (an action or loss etc.).
- acknowledge with sorrow or remorse (regret to say). —n. Feeling of sorrow, repentance, etc., over an action or loss etc. give (or send) one's regrets formally decline an invitation. [french regretter]
v. Grow again, esp. After an interval. regrowth n.
n. (usu. Foll. By a numeral) each of the numbers of a scale denoting temperature in a gas oven (cook at regulo 6). [regulo, propr. Term for a thermostatic gas oven control]
v. (past and past part. Rehung) hang again or differently.
—v. Put (old material) into a new form without significant change or improvement. —n. - material rehashed.