Two kids are talking.
- My dad works twelve hours a day, so that I can have a comfortable home and decent clothes. My mom spends the whole day cleaning and cooking for me. However, I can not relax from all the worry.
- But you are living a fairytale life! What are you so worry about?
- Well, what if they try to escape?
- poker n. Cultivated plant with spikes of usu. Red or yellow flowers.
v. (-ll-; us -l-) dial again.
v. (past redrew; past part. Redrawn) draw again or differently.
v. (-cing) 1 make or become smaller or less.
- (foll. By to) bring by force or necessity (to some undesirable state or action) (reduced them to tears; reduced to begging).
- convert to another (esp. Simpler) form (reduced it to a powder).
- convert (a fraction) to the form with the lowest terms.
- (foll. By to) bring, simplify, or adapt by classification or analysis (the dispute may be reduced to three issues).
- make lower in status or rank.
- lower the price of.
- lessen one's weight or size.
- weaken (is in a very reduced state). 10 impoverish. 11 subdue, bring back to obedience. 12 chem. A (cause to) combine with hydrogen. B (cause to) undergo addition of electrons. 13 a (in surgery) restore (a dislocated etc. Part) to its proper position. B remedy (a dislocation etc.) In this way. reducible adj. [latin duco bring]
v. (-es, -ed) echo repeatedly; resound.
n. - slang marijuana cigarette.
- thick double-breasted jacket. [from *reef2]
v. (-cing) put a new facing on (a building).
—v. Fill again. —n. - thing that refills, esp. Another drink.
- act of refilling. refillable adj.
v. (-ning) 1 free from impurities or defects.
- make or become more polished, elegant, or cultured.
camera n. Camera in which the viewed image is formed by a mirror, enabling the scene to be correctly composed and focused.
- —adj. - (of an action) independent of the will, as an automatic response to the stimulation of a nerve.
- (of an angle) exceeding 180°. —n. - reflex action.
- sign or secondary manifestation (law is a reflex of public opinion).
- reflected light or image. [latin: related to *reflect]