- Doctor, will I be able to play the piano after the operation?
- Yes, of course.
- Great! I never could before!
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: E
Found: 1101 results
n. Regular oval, resulting when a cone is cut obliquely by a plane. [greek elleipsis deficit]
adj. - difficult to find or catch.
- difficult to remember.
- avoiding the point raised. elusiveness n.
n. - (also elysian fields) (in greek mythology) abode of the blessed after death.
- place of ideal happiness. elysian adj. [latin from greek]
v. (-ting) (usu. Foll. By from) issue or originate (from a source). emanation n. [latin mano flow]
—n. (pl. -es) 1 order forbidding foreign ships to enter, or any ships to leave, a country's ports.
- official suspension of an activity. —v. (-es, -ed) place under embargo. [spanish: related to *bar1]
n. (pl. -ies) 1 a residence or offices of an ambassador. B ambassador and staff.
- deputation to a foreign government. [french: related to *ambassador]
n. (pl. -li) object causing an embolism.
—v. (-cing) 1 a hold closely in the arms. B (absol., of two people) embrace each other.
- clasp, enclose.
- accept eagerly (an offer etc.).
- adopt (a cause, idea, etc.).
- include, comprise.
- take in with the eye or mind. —n. Act of embracing, clasp. embraceable adj. [latin: related to *brace]
v. (often foll. By with) involve (a person etc.) In a conflict or difficulties. embroilment n. [french brouiller mix]
green adj. & n. (as adj. Often hyphenated) bright green.
- isle n. Ireland.
- —n. - bright-green gem.
- colour of this. —adj. Bright green. [greek smaragdos]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cow produces 200 times more gas a day than a person.