Once Holmes was visited by the person with a request for help. He was in a worn suit, a shirt with shabby cuffs and an old top head on his head. Holmes refused to help him. When the man left, disappointed Watson jumped on his friend:
- Sherlock, you are a great detective. How could you refuse to help the poor man?
- My dear friend, he was not absolutely poor. It his purse there was 115 pounds and 25 pence.
- But how do you know ?
- It is elementary, Buddy. Let’s count it together.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Regular oval, resulting when a cone is cut obliquely by a plane. [greek elleipsis deficit]
adj. - difficult to find or catch.
- difficult to remember. - avoiding the point raised. elusiveness n. ELYSIUM
n. - (also elysian fields) (in greek mythology) abode of the blessed after death.
- place of ideal happiness. elysian adj. [latin from greek] EMANATE
v. (-ting) (usu. Foll. By from) issue or originate (from a source). emanation n. [latin mano flow]
—n. (pl. -es) 1 order forbidding foreign ships to enter, or any ships to leave, a country's ports.
- official suspension of an activity. —v. (-es, -ed) place under embargo. [spanish: related to *bar1] EMBASSY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 a residence or offices of an ambassador. B ambassador and staff.
- deputation to a foreign government. [french: related to *ambassador] EMBOLUS
n. (pl. -li) object causing an embolism.
—v. (-cing) 1 a hold closely in the arms. B (absol., of two people) embrace each other.
- clasp, enclose. - accept eagerly (an offer etc.). - adopt (a cause, idea, etc.). - include, comprise. - take in with the eye or mind. —n. Act of embracing, clasp. embraceable adj. [latin: related to *brace] EMBROIL
v. (often foll. By with) involve (a person etc.) In a conflict or difficulties. embroilment n. [french brouiller mix]
green adj. & n. (as adj. Often hyphenated) bright green.
- isle n. Ireland. - —n. - bright-green gem. - colour of this. —adj. Bright green. [greek smaragdos]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cow produces 200 times more gas a day than a person.