Police in Los Angeles had good luck with a robbery suspect who just couldn’t control himself during a lineup.
When detectives asked each man in the lineup to repeat the words, “Give me all your money or I’ll shoot,”
the man shouted, “That’s not what I said!”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-cing) 1 compel observance of (a law etc.).
- (foll. By on) impose (an action or one's will, etc.) On. enforceable adj. Enforcement n. Enforcer n. [latin: related to *force1] ENGAGED
adj. - pledged to marry.
- (of a person) occupied, busy. - (of a telephone line, toilet, etc.) In use. ENGLISH
—adj. Of england or its people or language. —n. - language of england, now used in the uk, us, and most commonwealth countries.
- (prec. By the; treated as pl.) The people of england. [old english] ENGRAFT
v. (also ingraft) 1 bot. (usu. Foll. By into, on) graft.
- implant. - (usu. Foll. By into) incorporate. ENGRAVE
v. (-ving) 1 (often foll. By on) carve (a text or design) on a hard surface.
- inscribe (a surface) thus. - (often foll. By on) impress deeply (on a person's memory). engraver n. [from *grave3] ENGROSS
v. - absorb the attention of; occupy fully.
- write out in larger letters or in legal form. engrossment n. [anglo-french: related to *en-1] ENHANCE
v. (-cing) intensify (qualities, powers, etc.); improve (something already good). enhancement n. [anglo-french from latin altus high]
v. (-ging) 1 make or become larger or wider.
- (often foll. By on, upon) describe in greater detail. - reproduce a photograph on a larger scale. enlargement n. [french: related to *large] ENLIVEN
v. Make lively or cheerful; brighten (a picture etc.); inspirit. enlivenment n.
v. (-ling) 1 make noble.
- make (a person) a noble. ennoblement n. [french: related to *en-1]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A hedgehog"s heart beats 300 times a minute on average.