Upon entering the little country store, the stranger noticed a sign saying "DANGER! BEWARE OF DOG!" posted on the glass door.
Inside he noticed a harmless old hound dog asleep on the floor beside the cash register.
He asked the store manager,
"Is that the dog folks are supposed to beware of?"
"Yep, that"s him," he replied.
The stranger couldn"t help but be amused.
"That certainly doesn"t look like a dangerous dog to me. Why in the world would you post that sign?"
"Because," the owner replied, "before I posted that sign, people kept tripping over him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-cing) 1 compel observance of (a law etc.).
- (foll. By on) impose (an action or one's will, etc.) On. enforceable adj. Enforcement n. Enforcer n. [latin: related to *force1] ENGAGED
adj. - pledged to marry.
- (of a person) occupied, busy. - (of a telephone line, toilet, etc.) In use. ENGLISH
—adj. Of england or its people or language. —n. - language of england, now used in the uk, us, and most commonwealth countries.
- (prec. By the; treated as pl.) The people of england. [old english] ENGRAFT
v. (also ingraft) 1 bot. (usu. Foll. By into, on) graft.
- implant. - (usu. Foll. By into) incorporate. ENGRAVE
v. (-ving) 1 (often foll. By on) carve (a text or design) on a hard surface.
- inscribe (a surface) thus. - (often foll. By on) impress deeply (on a person's memory). engraver n. [from *grave3] ENGROSS
v. - absorb the attention of; occupy fully.
- write out in larger letters or in legal form. engrossment n. [anglo-french: related to *en-1] ENHANCE
v. (-cing) intensify (qualities, powers, etc.); improve (something already good). enhancement n. [anglo-french from latin altus high]
v. (-ging) 1 make or become larger or wider.
- (often foll. By on, upon) describe in greater detail. - reproduce a photograph on a larger scale. enlargement n. [french: related to *large] ENLIVEN
v. Make lively or cheerful; brighten (a picture etc.); inspirit. enlivenment n.
v. (-ling) 1 make noble.
- make (a person) a noble. ennoblement n. [french: related to *en-1]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The average life expectancy of an ant is 45-60 days.