Did you hear about the kid who was pulled over for speeding?
The cop got out of his car and the young man rolled down his window.
"I’ve been waiting for you all day," the cop said.
The guy replied, "Yeah, well I got here as fast as I could."
When the cop finally stopped laughing, he sent the kid on his way without a ticket.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. Spend or use up (money, time, etc.). [latin pendo pens- weigh]
—adj. - (often foll. By at, in) having special knowledge of or skill in a subject.
- (attrib.) Involving or resulting from this (expert advice). —n. (often foll. By at, in) person with special knowledge or skill. expertly adv. [latin: related to *experience] EXPIRE
v. (-ring) 1 (of a period of time, validity, etc.) Come to an end.
- cease to be valid. - die. - (also absol.) Breathe out (air etc.). expiration n. Expiratory adj. (in sense 4). [latin spirare breathe] EXPIRY
n. End of validity or duration.
—v. Sell or send (goods or services) to another country. —n. - exporting.
- a exported article or service. B (in pl.) Amount exported. exportation n. Exporter n. [latin porto carry] EXPOSE
n. - orderly statement of facts.
- revelation of something discreditable. [french] - v. (-sing) (esp. As exposed adj.) 1 leave uncovered or unprotected, esp. From the weather. - (foll. By to) a put at risk of. B subject to (an influence etc.). - photog. Subject (a film) to light, esp. By operation of a camera. - reveal the identity or fact of. - exhibit, display. expose oneself display one's body, esp. One's genitals, indecently in public. [latin pono put] EXTANT
adj. Still existing. [latin ex(s)to exist]
v. - lengthen or make larger in space or time.
- stretch or lay out at full length. - (foll. By to, over) reach or be or make continuous over a specified area. - (foll. By to) have a specified scope (permit does not extend to camping). - offer or accord (an invitation, hospitality, kindness, etc.). - (usu. Refl. Or in passive) tax the powers of (an athlete, horse, etc.). extendible adj. (also extensible). [latin extendo -tens-: related to *tend1] EXTENT
n. - space over which a thing extends.
- range, scope, degree. [anglo-french: related to *extend] EXTORT
v. Obtain by coercion. [latin torqueo tort- twist]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The grizzly bear can run as fast as the average horse.