- Doctor, doctor! I"ve had a sore stomach ever since I ate three crabs last week.
- Did they smell bad when you took them out of their shells?
- What do you mean "took them out of their shells"?
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: E
Found: 1101 results
n. Standard-sized photograph. [enlarged print]
v. (-ring) 1 seek information; ask; ask a question.
- = *inquire.
- (foll. By after, for) ask about (a person, a person's health, etc.). enquirer n. [latin quaero quaesit- seek]
n. (pl. -ies) 1 act of asking or seeking information.
- = *inquiry.
v. (-ving) make (a person) a slave. enslavement n.
v. (-ring) catch in or as in a snare. ensnarement n.
cordiale n. Entente, esp. Between britain and france from 1904.
- n. Friendly understanding between states. [french]
adj. Of the intestines. enteritis n. [greek enteron intestine]
v. (us enthrall) (-ll-) captivate, please greatly. enthralment n. [from *en-1, *thrall]
v. (-sing) colloq. Be or make enthusiastic.
v. (-ling) 1 (usu. Foll. By to) give (a person) a just claim or right.
- give a title to. entitlement n. [latin: related to *title]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Giraffes are the only animals born with horns. Both males and females are born with bony knobs on the forehead.