An admiral is standing by a candy machine at the Naval Academy in Annapolis when he stops a plebe walking by.
- "Sailor, do you have change for a dollar?"
- "Sure, buddy," - says the plebe, rooting around his pocket.
- "That"s no way to address an officer! Now let"s try it again. Do you have change for a dollar?"
The plebe snaps to attention and barks,
- "No, sir!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Person who enters (an examination, profession, etc.). [french: related to *enter]
v. Ask earnestly, beg. [related to *en-1]
n. - physics measure of the disorganization or degradation of the universe, resulting in a decrease in available energy.
- physics measure of the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work. [greek: related to *en-2, trope transformation] ENTRUST
v. (also intrust) 1 (foll. By to) give (a person or thing) into the care of a person.
- (foll. By with) assign responsibility for (a person or thing) to (a person) (entrusted him with my camera). ENTWINE
v. (-ning) twine round, interweave.
n. E plus a number, the ec designation for food additives.
v. (-p-) 1 wrap up or cover completely.
- completely surround. envelopment n. [french] ENVIOUS
adj. Feeling or showing envy. enviously adv. [anglo-french: related to *envy]
n. (brit. Epaulette) ornamental shoulder-piece on a coat etc., esp. On a uniform. [french epaule shoulder]
—adj. - of, for, denoting, or used by both sexes.
- having characteristics of both sexes or of neither sex. —n. Epicene person. [greek koinos common]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
An octopus"s testicles are in its head.