Charles shouted upstairs to his wife,» Hurry up or we’ll be late.» «Oh, be quiet,» replied his wife. «Haven’t I been telling you for the last hour that I’ll be ready in a minute?»
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: W
Found: 924 results
n. Poet. Sky. [old english, = cloud]
—v. - roll, wallow.
- (foll. By in) lie prostrate or be soaked in. —n. - general confusion.
- (foll. By of) disorderly mixture or contrast. [low german or dutch]
- n. Heavy rider or boxer. [origin unknown]
contr. Were not.
n. Castrated ram. [old english]
n. Whaling ship or seaman.
—v. (-zing) 1 breathe with an audible whistling sound.
- utter with this sound. —n. - sound of wheezing.
- colloq. Clever scheme. wheezy adj. (-ier, -iest). Wheezily adv. Wheeziness n. [probably from old norse, = hiss]
formal —interrog. Adv. From what place? —conj. - to the place from which (return whence you came).
- (often prec. By place etc.) From which.
- and thence (whence it follows that). [old english: related to *when]
n. (pl. -ies) 1 light rowing-boat usu. For carrying passengers.
- large light barge. [origin unknown]
adv. & conj. While. [from *while]
n. (pl. -ies) = *whim. [origin uncertain]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A South African monkey was once awarded a medal and promoted to the rank of corporal during World War I.