It was World War II, and the captain was attempting to rally the GIs on the eve of a big offensive.
"Out there," said the captain, "is your enemy. The man who has made your life miserable, who is working to destroy you; the man who has been trying to kill you day after day throughout this war."
Private Johnson jumped to his feet. "My God! The cook’s working for the Germans!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
pl. Of *wolf.
- pl. Of *wolf. WOMBAT
n. Burrowing plant-eating australian marsupial. [aboriginal]
libber n. Colloq. Supporter of women's liberation.
- liberation n. (also women's lib) colloq. Movement urging the liberation of women from domestic duties and subservient status. - rights n.pl. Position of legal and social equality with men. WONDER
—n. - emotion, esp. Admiration, excited by what is unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable.
- strange or remarkable thing, specimen, event, etc. - (attrib.) Having marvellous or amazing properties etc. (wonder drug; wonder woman). —v. - be filled with wonder or great surprise. - (foll. By that) be surprised to find. - desire or be curious to know (i wonder what the time is). i shouldn't wonder colloq. I think it likely. No (or small) wonder one cannot be surprised. Work (or do) wonders 1 do miracles. - be remarkably effective. [old english] WONTED
attrib. Adj. Habitual, usual.
adj. Having woods or many trees.
adj. - made of wood.
- like wood. - a stiff, clumsy. B expressionless. woodenly adv. Woodenness n. WOOFER
n. Loudspeaker for low frequencies. [from *woof1]
(brit. Woollen) —adj. Made wholly or partly of wool. —n. - woollen fabric.
- (in pl.) Woollen garments. [old english] WOOLLY
—adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 bearing wool.
- like wool. - woollen (a woolly cardigan). - (of a sound) indistinct. - (of thought) vague or confused. —n. (pl. -ies) colloq. Woollen garment, esp. A pullover. woolliness n.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Camel"s milk does not curdle.