Little Johnny and his family lived in the country, and as a result seldom had guests. He was eager to help his mother after his father appeared with two dinner guests from the office. When the dinner was nearly over, Little Johnny went to the kitchen and proudly carried in the first piece of apple pie, giving it to his father who passed it to a guest.
Little Johnny came in with a second piece of pie and gave it to his father, who again gave it to a guest.
This was too much for Little Johnny, who said, "It"s no use, Dad. The pieces are all the same size."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Winding mechanism, esp. Of a clock or watch.
n. - a opening in a wall etc., usu. With glass to admit light etc. B the glass itself.
- space for display behind the window of a shop. - window-like opening. - opportunity to learn from observation. - transparent part in an envelope showing an address. - vdu display showing a particular part of the data. windowless adj. [old norse, = wind-eye] WINDUP
—n. - conclusion; finish.
- colloq. Attempt to provoke. —attrib. Adj. (of a mechanism) operating by being wound up. WINGER
n. - (in football etc.) Wing player.
- (in comb.) Member of a specified political wing. WINKLE
—n. Small edible sea snail. —v. (-ling) (foll. By out) extract with difficulty. [abbreviation of *periwinkle2]
n. - person etc. That wins.
- colloq. Successful or highly promising idea etc. WINNOW
v. - blow (grain) free of chaff etc. By an air-current.
- (foll. By out, away, from, etc.) Get rid of (chaff etc.) From grain. - sift, examine (evidence etc.). [old english: related to *wind1] WINTER
garden n. Garden or conservatory of plants flourishing in winter.
- jasmine n. Jasmine with yellow flowers in winter. - solstice n. About 22 dec. - sports n.pl. Sports performed on snow or ice. - —n. - coldest and last season of the year. - (attrib.) Characteristic of or fit for winter. —v. (usu. Foll. By at, in) pass the winter. [old english] WINTRY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 characteristic of winter.
- lacking warmth; unfriendly. wintriness n. WIRING
n. System or installation of wires providing electrical circuits.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Armadillos are the only animal besides humans that can get leprosy.