While sports fishing off the Florida coast, a tourist capsized his boat. He could swim, but his fear of alligators kept him clinging to the overturned craft.
Spotting and old beachcomber standing on the shore, the tourist shouted,
"Are there any gators around here?!"
"Naw," the man hollered back, "they ain"t been around for years!"
Feeling safe, the tourist started swimming leisurely toward the shore.
About halfway there he asked the guy,
"How"d you get rid of the gators?"
"We didn"t do nothin"," the beachcomber said. "The sharks got "em."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - experience and knowledge together with the power of applying them.
- prudence; common sense. - wise sayings. [old english: related to *wise1] - tooth n. Hindmost molar usu. Cut at about 20 years of age. WISENT
n. European bison. [german: cf. *bison]
v. - (often foll. By up) make or become dry and shrivelled.
- (often foll. By away) deprive of or lose vigour or freshness. - (esp. As withering adj.) Blight with scorn etc. witheringly adv. [apparently var. Of *weather] WITHIN
—adv. - inside.
- indoors. - in spirit (pure within). —prep. - inside. - a not beyond or out of. B not transgressing or exceeding. - not further off than (within three miles; within ten days). within one's grasp close enough to be obtained. WITTER
v. (often foll. By on) colloq. Chatter annoyingly or on trivial matters. [origin unknown]
—n. - sorcerer; magician.
- person of remarkable powers, genius. —adj. Slang wonderful. wizardry n. [from *wise1] WOBBLE
—v. (-ling) 1 sway from side to side.
- stand or go unsteadily; stagger. - waver, vacillate. —n. State or instance of wobbling. [cf. Low german wabbeln] WOBBLY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 tending to wobble.
- wavy (wobbly line). - weak after illness. - wavering, insecure (the economy was wobbly). throw a wobbly slang have a tantrum or fit of nerves. WOEFUL
adj. - sorrowful.
- causing or feeling affliction. - very bad. woefully adv. WOGGLE
n. Leather etc. Ring through which the ends of a scout's neckerchief are passed at the neck. [origin unknown]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat sees about six times better than a human at night.