What is the longest word in the English language? «Smiles». Because there is a mile between its first and last letters!
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: W
Found: 924 results
n. - riches.
- being rich.
- (foll. By of) abundance. [old english]
n. - thing designed, used, or usable for inflicting bodily harm.
- means for gaining the advantage in a conflict. [old english]
n. Small flesh-eating mammal related to the stoat and ferret. [old english]
- word n. (usu. In pl.) Word that is intentionally ambiguous or misleading.
n. - person who weaves fabric.
- (in full weaver-bird) tropical bird building elaborately woven nests.
—adj. Done, produced, or occurring once a week. —adv. Once a week. —n. (pl. -ies) weekly newspaper or periodical.
n. Colloq. Sentimental or emotional film, play, etc.
n. Destructive beetle feeding esp. On grain. [low german]
colloq. —n. - act of urinating.
- urine. —v. (-wees, -weed) urinate. [origin unknown]
training n. Physical training using weights.
- —n. - force experienced by a body as a result of the earth's gravitation.
- heaviness of a body regarded as a property of it.
- a quantitative expression of a body's weight. B scale of such weights (troy weight).
- body of a known weight for use in weighing or weight training.
- heavy body, esp. As used in a mechanism etc.
- load or burden.
- influence, importance.
- athletics = *shot1 7. —v. - a attach a weight to. B hold down with a weight.
- (foll. By with) impede or burden. throw one's weight about (or around) colloq. Be unpleasantly self-assertive. Worth one's weight in gold very useful or helpful. [old english]
n. (pl. -s) colloq. Odd or eccentric person.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
An octopus"s testicles are in its head.