n. - person or animal that walks.
- a framework in which a baby can walk unaided. B = *walking frame.
attrib. Adj. (of a storage area) large enough to walk into.
n. - (in full walk-on part) non-speaking dramatic role.
- player of this.
n. Slang person concerned with or in charge of a usu. Specified thing, business, etc. [hindi]
n. Small flat esp. Leather case for holding banknotes etc. [anglo-french]
colloq. —v. (-p-) 1 thrash; beat.
- (as walloping adj.) Huge. —n. - heavy blow.
- beer. [earlier senses ‘gallop’, ‘boil’, from french waloper from germanic: cf. *gallop]
—v. - (esp. Of an animal) roll about in mud etc.
- (usu. Foll. By in) indulge in unrestrained pleasure, misery, etc. —n. - act of wallowing.
- place used by buffalo etc. For wallowing. [old english]
n. - tree with aromatic leaves and drooping catkins.
- nut of this tree.
- its timber. [old english, = foreign nut]
moustache n. Long thick drooping moustache.
- n. (pl. Same or -es) large amphibious long-tusked arctic mammal. [dutch]
n. Beads made from shells and strung together for use as money, decoration, etc. By n. American indians. [algonquian]