A man asked for a meal in a restaurant. The waiter brought the food and put it on the table. After a moment, the man called the waiter and said:
"Waiter! Waiter! There"s a fly in my soup!"
"Please don"t speak so loudly, sir," said the waiter, "or everyone will want one."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - oppressive or cruel ruler.
- person exercising power arbitrarily or cruelly. [greek turannos] TYRIAN
purple see *purple n. 2.
- —adj. Of ancient tyre in phoenicia. —n. Native or citizen of tyre. [latin tyrus tyre] TABASCO
n. - pungent pepper.
- (tabasco) propr. Sauce made from this. [tabasco in mexico] TABLEAU
n. (pl. -x) 1 picturesque presentation.
- group of silent motionless people representing a scene on stage. [french, = picture, diminutive of *table] TABLOID
n. Small-sized, often popular or sensational, newspaper. [from *tablet]
adj. Of or arranged in tables or lists. [latin: related to *table]
adj. Having or showing tact. tactfully adv.
n.pl. - (also treated as sing.) Disposition of armed forces, esp. In warfare.
- short-term procedure adopted in carrying out a scheme or achieving an end. tactician n. TACTILE
adj. - of the sense of touch.
- perceived by touch; tangible. tactility n. [latin: related to *tact] TADPOLE
n. Larva, esp. Of a frog, toad, or newt. [related to *toad, *poll]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Polar Bears trying to blend in with the ice will sometimes cover up their black nose with their paws.