A little boy comes home with his mother from a trip down town. Above his head he has a big bunch of balloons.
- Why do you need so many? - Asks his father. - Did not your mother and I teach you that you should save your money?
- I did not spend any! Its just that every time Mummy bought something the salesperson gave me a free balloon.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Small tube in a plant or animal body. [latin tubulus, diminutive: related to *tube]
—n. - hist. Piece of lace or linen etc. In or on a woman's bodice.
- austral. & nz slang food. —v. (esp. In passive; often foll. By out) us & austral. Colloq. Tire. TUCKIN
n. Colloq. Large meal.
n. Clump of grass; small mound. [var. Of *tuft]
—v. (-ling) 1 (cause to) fall suddenly, clumsily, or headlong.
- fall rapidly in amount etc. (prices tumbled). - (often foll. By about, around) roll or toss to and fro. - move or rush in a headlong or blundering manner. - (often foll. By to) colloq. Grasp the meaning behind an idea, circumstance, etc. (he quickly tumbled to our plan). - overturn; fling or push roughly or carelessly. - perform acrobatic feats, esp. Somersaults. - rumple or disarrange. —n. - sudden or headlong fall. - somersault or other acrobatic feat. - untidy or confused state. [low german tummeln] TUMOUR
n. (us tumor) a swelling, esp. From an abnormal growth of tissue. tumorous adj. [latin tumeo swell]
n. - uproar or din, esp. Of a disorderly crowd.
- angry demonstration by a mob; riot. - conflict of emotions in the mind. [latin: related to *tumour] TUNDRA
n. Vast level treeless arctic region with underlying permafrost. [lappish]
vision n. - vision which is poor or lost outside the centre of the normal field of vision.
- colloq. Inability to grasp a situation's wider implications. - —n. - underground passage dug through a hill or under a road, river, etc., esp. For a railway or road. - underground passage dug by an animal. —v. (-ll-; us -l-) 1 (foll. By through, into, etc.) Make a tunnel through. - make (one's way) by tunnelling. [french diminutive of tonne *tun] TURBAN
n. - man's headdress of fabric wound round a cap or the head, worn esp. By muslims and sikhs.
- woman's hat resembling this. turbaned adj. [persian: cf. *tulip]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The starfish is one of the only animals who can turn it"s stomach inside-out.