adj. - disturbed; in commotion.
- (of a flow of air etc.) Varying irregularly.
- restless; riotous. turbulence n. Turbulently adv. [latin turba crowd]
n. - turning about.
- abrupt change of policy etc.
n. Turnip leaves as a vegetable.
n. - a unloading and reloading between trips. B receiving, processing, and sending out again; progress through a system.
- reversal of an opinion or tendency.
n. Gate with revolving arms allowing people through singly.
n. - circular revolving plate on which records are played.
- circular revolving platform for turning a railway locomotive.
n. Formal depravity, wickedness. [latin turpis disgraceful]
—n. - semiprecious stone, usu. Opaque and greenish- or sky-blue.
- greenish-blue colour. —adj. Of this colour. [french, = turkish]
adj. - having, using, or requiring the use of two hands.
- (of a card-game) for two players.
—attrib. Adj. (of an internal-combustion engine) having its power cycle completed in one up-and-down movement of the piston. —n. Two-stroke engine.