An admiral is standing by a candy machine at the Naval Academy in Annapolis when he stops a plebe walking by.
- "Sailor, do you have change for a dollar?"
- "Sure, buddy," - says the plebe, rooting around his pocket.
- "That"s no way to address an officer! Now let"s try it again. Do you have change for a dollar?"
The plebe snaps to attention and barks,
- "No, sir!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - whirling s. Italian dance.
- music for this. [italian from taranto in italy] TARMACADAM
n. Stone or slag bound with bitumen, used in paving roads etc. [from *tar1, *macadam]
n. Brilliant yellow dye from tartaric acid, used to colour food etc.
n. (fem. Taskmistress) person who makes others work hard.
n. Proprietor or cultivator of a tea plantation.
n. Colloq. Sentimental story, film, etc.
n. Artificially produced radioactive metallic element. [greek tekhnetos artificial]
n. - person doing practical or maintenance work in a laboratory etc.
- person skilled in artistic etc. Technique. - expert in practical science. TECHNOCRAT
n. Exponent or advocate of technocracy. technocratic adj.
n. (pl. -ies) 1 knowledge or use of the mechanical arts and applied sciences (lacked the technology).
- these subjects collectively. technological adj. Technologically adv. Technologist n. [greek tekhnologia systematic treatment, from tekhne art]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A chameleon"s tongue is twice the length of its body.