- Sir! Did you have a good holiday? Did you go away?
- Yes, I went to France, to Paris.
- Did you have much trouble with your French when you were there?
- No, I didn"t - but the Parisians did.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: T
Found: 1692 results
v. - make a thorough or dramatic change in the form, appearance, character, etc., of.
- change the voltage etc. Of (an alternating current). transformation n. [latin]
v. (-sing) 1 a transfer (blood) from one person or animal to another. B inject (liquid) into a blood-vessel to replace lost fluid.
- permeate. transfusion n. [latin: related to *found3]
adj. Of short duration; passing. transience n. [latin: related to *trance]
v. (-ting) 1 (also absol.) (often foll. By into) express the sense of (a word, text, etc.) In another language or in another, esp. Simpler, form.
- be translatable, bear translation (does not translate well).
- interpret (translated his silence as dissent).
- move or change, esp. From one person, place, or condition, to another. translatable adj. Translation n. Translator n. [latin: related to *transfer]
v. (-ting) 1 change the form, nature, or substance of.
- hist. Change (base metals) into gold. transmutation n. [latin muto change]
v. (-ring) 1 (usu. Prec. By it as subject) (of a secret or fact) come to be known; turn out; prove to be the case (it transpired he knew nothing about it).
- occur; happen.
- emit (vapour or moisture), or be emitted, through the skin, lungs, or leaves; perspire. transpiration n. (in sense 3). [latin spiro breathe]
cafe n. Roadside cafe for (esp. Commercial) drivers.
- —v. - take or carry (a person, goods, etc.) To another place.
- hist. Deport (a criminal) to a penal colony.
- (as transported adj.) (usu. Foll. By with) affected with strong emotion. —n. - a system of conveying people, goods, etc., from place to place. B means of this (our transport has arrived).
- ship, aircraft, etc. Used to carry soldiers, stores, etc.
- (esp. In pl.) Vehement emotion (transports of joy). transportable adj. [latin porto carry]
v. (-sing) 1 a cause (two or more things) to change places. B change the position of (a thing) in a series.
- change the order or position of (words or a word) in a sentence.
- put (music) into a different key. transposition n. [french: related to *pose]
v. (-pp-) transfer from one ship or form of transport to another. transshipment n.
n. (pl. -s or -zia) 1 quadrilateral with only one pair of sides parallel.
- us = *trapezoid 1. [greek trapezion]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Armadillos are the only animal besides humans that can get leprosy.