A musical director was having a lot of trouble with one drummer. He talked and talked and talked with the drummer, but his performance simply didn"t improve.
Finally, before the whole orchestra, he said, "When a musician just can"t handle his instrument and doesn"t improve when given help, they take away the instrument, and give him two sticks, and make him a drummer."
A stage whisper was heard from the percussion section: "And if he can"t handle even that, they take away one of his sticks and make him a conductor."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—adj. Reddish-brown. —n. - russet colour.
- rough-skinned russet-coloured apple. [latin russus] RUSTIC
—adj. - of or like country people or country life.
- unsophisticated. - of rude or rough workmanship. - made of untrimmed branches or rough timber (rustic bench). - archit. With a roughened or rough-hewn surface. —n. Country person, peasant. rusticity n. [latin rus the country] RUSTLE
—v. (-ling) 1 (cause to) make a gentle sound as of dry blown leaves.
- (also absol.) Steal (cattle or horses). —n. Rustling sound. rustle up colloq. Produce at short notice. rustler n. (esp. In sense 2 of v.). [imitative] RACCOON
var. Of *racoon.
var. Of *racket1.
heat n. Heat transmitted by radiation.
- —adj. - emitting rays of light. - (of eyes or looks) beaming with joy, hope, or love. - (of beauty) splendid or dazzling. - (of light) issuing in rays. —n. Point or object from which light or heat radiates. radiance n. Radiantly adv. RADIATE
—v. (-ting) 1 a emit rays of light, heat, etc. B (of light or heat) be emitted in rays.
- emit (light, heat, etc.) From a centre. - transmit or demonstrate (joy etc.). - diverge or spread from a centre. —adj. Having divergent rays or parts radially arranged. RADICAL
—adj. - fundamental (a radical error).
- far-reaching; thorough (radical change). - advocating thorough reform; holding extreme political views; revolutionary. - forming the basis; primary. - of the root of a number or quantity. - (of surgery etc.) Seeking to ensure the removal of all diseased tissue. - of the roots of words. - bot. Of the root. —n. - person holding radical views or belonging to a radical party. - chem. A = *free radical. B atom or a group of these normally forming part of a compound and remaining unaltered during the compound's ordinary chemical changes. - root of a word. - math. Quantity forming or expressed as the root of another. radicalism n. Radically adv. [latin: related to *radix] RADICLE
n. Part of a plant embryo that develops into the primary root; rootlet. [latin: related to *radix]
adj. - disreputable, rakish.
- tawdry. [raff rubbish]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Some ribbon worms will eat themselves if they can"t find any food.