A musical director was having a lot of trouble with one drummer. He talked and talked and talked with the drummer, but his performance simply didn"t improve.
Finally, before the whole orchestra, he said, "When a musician just can"t handle his instrument and doesn"t improve when given help, they take away the instrument, and give him two sticks, and make him a drummer."
A stage whisper was heard from the percussion section: "And if he can"t handle even that, they take away one of his sticks and make him a conductor."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - a act of reading (reading of the will). B matter to be read (made exciting reading).
- (in comb.) Used for reading (reading-lamp; reading-room). - literary knowledge. - entertainment at which a play, poems, etc., are read. - figure etc. Shown by a recording instrument. - interpretation or view taken (what is your reading of the facts?). READMIT
v. (-tt-) admit again. readmission n.
v. Adopt again. readoption n.
n. Chem. Substance used to cause a reaction, esp. To detect another substance.
v. - align again.
- regroup in politics etc. realignment n. REALISM
n. - practice of regarding things in their true nature and dealing with them as they are.
- fidelity to nature in representation; the showing of life etc. As it is. - philos. Doctrine that abstract concepts have an objective existence. realist n. REALITY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 what is real or existent or underlies appearances.
- (foll. By of) the real nature of. - real existence; state of being real. - resemblance to an original. in reality in fact. [medieval latin or french: related to *real1] REALIZE
v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) 1 (often foll. By that) be fully aware of; conceive as real.
- understand clearly. - present as real. - convert into actuality. - a convert into money. B acquire (profit). C be sold for (a specified price). realizable adj. Realization n. REAPPLY
v. (-ies, -ied) apply again, esp. Submit a further application (for a position etc.). reapplication n.
n. - new incarnation.
- spiritual enlightenment. - revival. reborn adj.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat sees about six times better than a human at night.