The lifeguard told the mother to make her young son stop urinating in the pool.
"Everyone knows," - the mother lectured him, "that from time to time, young children will urinate in a pool."
"Oh really?" said the lifeguard, "from the diving board!?!?"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - person who rambles.
- straggling or spreading rose. RAMEKIN
n. - small dish for baking and serving an individual portion of food.
- food served in this. [french ramequin] RAMPAGE
—v. (-ging) 1 (often foll. By about) rush wildly or violently about.
- rage, storm. —n. Wild or violent behaviour. on the rampage rampaging. [perhaps from *ramp] RAMPANT
adj. - unchecked, flourishing excessively.
- rank, luxuriant. - (placed after the noun) heraldry (of an animal) standing on its left hind foot with its forepaws in the air (lion rampant). - violent, fanatical. rampancy n. [french: related to *ramp] RAMPART
n. - a defensive wall with a broad top and usu. A stone parapet. B walkway on top of this.
- defence, protection. [french remparer fortify] RANCOUR
n. (us rancor) inveterate bitterness, malignant hate. rancorous adj. [latin rancor: related to *rancid]
v. - pillage or plunder (a house, country, etc.).
- thoroughly search. [old norse rannsaka from rann house, -saka seek] RAPPORT
n. Relationship or communication, esp. When useful and harmonious. [latin porto carry]
n. - ecstatic delight.
- (in pl.) Great pleasure or enthusiasm or the expression of it. rapturous adj. [french or medieval latin: related to *rape1] RAREBIT
n. = *welsh rabbit. [from *rare1]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.