Two young boys were spending the night at their grandparents the week before Christmas.
At bedtime, the two boys knelt beside their beds to say their prayers when the youngest one began praying at the top of his lungs.
"I PRAY FOR A NEW BICYCLE…
I PRAY FOR A NEW NINTENDO…
I PRAY FOR A NEW VCR…"
His older brother leaned over and nudged the younger brother and said, "Why are you shouting your prayers? God isn’t deaf."
To which the little brother replied, "No, but Grandma is!”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
bearing n. Bearing like a ball-bearing but with small cylinders instead of balls.
- blind n. Blind on a roller. - n. - a revolving cylinder for smoothing, spreading, crushing, stamping, hanging a towel on, etc., used alone or in a machine. B cylinder for diminishing friction when moving a heavy object. - small cylinder on which hair is rolled for setting. - long swelling wave. - towel n. Towel with the ends joined, hung on a roller. ROLLON
roll-off adj. (of a ship, etc.) In which vehicles are driven directly on and off.
- —attrib. Adj. (of deodorant etc.) Applied by means of a rotating ball in the neck of the container. —n. Light elastic corset. ROLLUP
n. (also roll-your-own) hand-rolled cigarette.
comb. Form roman; roman and (romano-british).
—n. (pl. -ies) 1 gypsy.
- language of the gypsies. —adj. Of gypsies or the romany language. [romany rom gypsy] RONDEL
n. Rondeau, esp. One of special form. [french: related to *round: cf. *roundel]
n. Slang new recruit. [corruption of recruit]
n. (pl. -ies) 1 rc ch. Repeated sequence of prayers.
- string of beads for keeping count in this. [latin rosarium rose-garden] ROSTER
—n. List or plan of turns of duty etc. —v. Place on a roster. [dutch rooster, literally ‘gridiron’]
club n. Local branch of rotary.
- —adj. Acting by rotation (rotary drill). —n. (pl. -ies) 1 rotary machine. - (rotary) (in full rotary international) worldwide charitable society of businessmen, orig. Entertaining in rotation. [medieval latin: related to *rota]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat sees about six times better than a human at night.