- Sir! Did you have a good holiday? Did you go away?
- Yes, I went to France, to Paris.
- Did you have much trouble with your French when you were there?
- No, I didn"t - but the Parisians did.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: R
Found: 1546 results
—n. - a prescribed order of a ceremony etc. B solemn or colourful pageantry etc.
- procedure regularly followed. —adj. Of or done as a ritual or rite (ritual murder). ritually adv. [latin: related to *rite]
n. Colloq. Assistant of a touring band etc., erecting and maintaining equipment.
adj. (-er, -est) 1 strong and sturdy, esp. In physique or construction.
- (of exercise, discipline, etc.) Vigorous, requiring strength.
- (of mental attitude, argument, etc.) Straightforward, vigorous.
- (of a statement, reply, etc.) Bold, firm, unyielding. robustly adv. Robustness n. [latin robur strength]
n. Surplice-like vestment of a bishop or abbot. [french from germanic]
n. - curved bar etc. On which something can rock.
- devotee of rock music, esp. A leather-clad motor cyclist.
- a device for rocking. B pivoted switch operating between ‘on’ and ‘off’ positions. off one's rocker slang crazy.
—n. - cylindrical firework or signal etc. Propelled to a great height after ignition.
- engine operating on the same principle, providing thrust but not dependent on air intake.
- rocket-propelled missile, spacecraft, etc.
- slang severe reprimand. —v. (-t-) 1 a move rapidly upwards or away. B increase rapidly (prices rocketed).
- bombard with rockets. [french roquette from italian]
—adj. - of a late baroque style of 18th-c. Decoration.
- (of literature, music, architecture, etc.) Highly ornate. —n. This style. [french]
n. Mammal with strong incisors and no canine teeth, e.g. The rat, mouse, squirrel, beaver, and porcupine. [latin rodo gnaw]
gallery n. Colloq. Collection of photographs of known criminals etc., used for identification.
gold n. Thin coating of gold applied to a base metal by rolling.
- oats n.pl. Husked and crushed oats.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A rat can last longer without water than a camel can.