What’s the definition of a pessimist? A pessimist is a well-informed optimist.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: R
Found: 1546 results
v. (-ting) 1 move round an axis or centre, revolve.
- take or arrange (esp. Crops) in rotation.
- act or take place in rotation (chairmanship will rotate). rotatable adj. Rotatory adj. [latin: related to *rota]
n. Slang cheap harmful alcohol.
adj. (-er, -est) 1 rotting or rotted; fragile from age or use.
- morally or politically corrupt.
- slang a disagreeable, unpleasant, bad (had a rotten time). B worthless (rotten idea). C ill (feel rotten). rottenly adv. Rottenness n. [old norse: related to *rot]
- borough n. Hist. (before 1832) english borough electing an mp though having very few voters.
n. Slang nasty or contemptible person. [from *rot]
adj. - plump, podgy.
- (of speech etc.) Sonorous, grandiloquent. rotundity n. [latin rotundus: related to *rota]
n. (also ruble) chief monetary unit of russia etc. [french from russian]
eye n. Tendency to infidelity.
n. Mus. (pl. -s or -ti) temporary disregarding of strict tempo. [italian, = robbed]
band n. Loop of rubber for holding papers etc. Together.
- plant n. - evergreen tropical plant often cultivated as a house-plant.
- (also rubber tree) tropical tree yielding latex.
- stamp —n. - device for inking and imprinting on a surface.
- a person who mechanically copies or endorses others' actions. B indication of such endorsement. —v. (rubber-stamp) approve automatically.
- n. - tough elastic substance made from the latex of plants or synthetically.
- piece of this or a similar substance for erasing esp. Pencil marks.
- colloq. Condom.
- (in pl.) Us galoshes. rubbery adj. Rubberiness n. [from *rub]
- n. Match of esp. Three successive games between the same sides or persons at whist, bridge, cricket, etc. [origin unknown]
n. Rough fragments of stone, brick, etc., esp. From a demolished building. [french robe spoils]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Ostriches can run faster than horses.