- Sir! Did you have a good holiday? Did you go away?
- Yes, I went to France, to Paris.
- Did you have much trouble with your French when you were there?
- No, I didn"t - but the Parisians did.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: I
Found: 1165 results
contr. I shall; i will.
- health n. Poor physical or mental condition.
- humour n. Irritability.
- will n. Bad feeling; animosity.
- —adj. (attrib. Except in sense 1) 1 (usu. Predic.) Not in good health; unwell.
- wretched, unfavourable (ill fortune; ill luck).
- harmful (ill effects).
- hostile, unkind (ill feeling).
- faulty, unskilful (ill management).
- (of manners or conduct) improper. —adv. - badly, wrongly, imperfectly (ill-matched; ill-provided).
- scarcely (can ill afford it).
- unfavourably (spoke ill of them). —n. - injury, harm.
- evil. ill at ease embarrassed, uneasy. [old norse]
abbr. International monetary fund.
n. - mischievous child.
- small devil or sprite. [old english, = young shoot]
Abbr. Us incorporated.
suffix 1 forming adjectives, meaning ‘belonging to, of the nature of’ (alpine; asinine).
- forming feminine nouns (heroine). [latin -inus]
abbr. Intermediate-range nuclear forces.
suffix forming nouns from verbs denoting: 1 verbal action or its result (asking).
- material associated with a process etc. (piping; washing).
- occupation or event (banking; wedding). [old english]
- suffix 1 forming the present participle of verbs (asking; fighting), often as adjectives (charming; strapping).
- forming adjectives from nouns (hulking) and verbs (balding). [old english]
—n. - coloured fluid or paste used for writing, printing, etc.
- black liquid ejected by a cuttlefish etc. —v. - (usu. Foll. By in, over, etc.) Mark with ink.
- cover (type etc.) With ink. [greek egkauston purple ink used by roman emperors]
n. - pub, sometimes with accommodation.
- hist. House providing accommodation, esp. For travellers. [old english: related to *in]
- of court n. Each of the four legal societies admitting people to the english bar.
abbr. Isle of man.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Polar Bears trying to blend in with the ice will sometimes cover up their black nose with their paws.