A speeding motorist was caught by radar from a police helicopter in the sky.
An officer pulled him over and began to issue a traffic ticket.
"How did you know I was speeding?" the frustrated driver asked.
The police officer pointed somberly toward the sky.
"You mean," asked the motorist, "that even He is against me?"
- (as a unit of map-scale) so many inches representing 1 mile.
- small amount (usu. With neg.: would not yield an inch). —v. Move gradually. every inch entirely (looked every inch a queen). Within an inch of almost to the point of. [old english from latin uncia *ounce]
comb. Form indian; indian and.
n. Colloq. Information. [abbreviation]
adj. (-ier, -iest) of, as black as, or stained with ink. inkiness n.
abbr. Jesus of nazareth, king of the jews. [latin iesus nazarenus rex iudaeorum]
Abbr. = *instant adj.
- (the 6th inst.).
prep. - expressing motion or direction to a point on or within (walked into a tree; ran into the house).
- expressing direction of attention etc. (will look into it).
- expressing a change of state (turned into a dragon; separated into groups).
- after the beginning of (five minutes into the game).
- colloq. Interested in. [old english: related to *in, *to]
n. - ninth letter of the greek alphabet (i, i).
- (usu. With neg.) A jot. [greek iota]
facto adv. By that very fact. [latin]
n. - circular coloured membrane behind the cornea of the eye, with a circular opening (pupil) in the centre.
- plant of a family with bulbs or tuberous roots, sword-shaped leaves, and showy flowers.
- adjustable diaphragm for regulating the size of a central hole, esp. For the admission of light to a lens. [greek iris iridos rainbow]