A man met his tailor in the street and stopped him.
"I quite forgot to pay for the suit which I have on now," he said. "Why didn"t you remind me?"
"I never ask a gentleman for money," the tailor replied.
"Then what do you do if he doesn"t pay?"
"Well, after some time I no longer think he is a gentleman and then I ask him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
abbr. Information technology.
- pron. (poss. Its; pl. They) 1 thing (or occasionally an animal or child) previously named or in question (took a stone and threw it). - person in question (who is it? It is i). - as the subject of an impersonal verb (it is raining; it is winter; it is two miles to bath). - as a substitute for a deferred subject or object (it is silly to talk like that; i take it that you agree). - as a substitute for a vague object (brazen it out). - as the antecedent to a relative word or clause (it was an owl that i heard). - exactly what is needed. - extreme limit of achievement. - colloq. A sexual intercourse. B sex appeal. 10 (in children's games) player who has to perform a required feat. that's it colloq. That is: 1 what is required. - the difficulty. - the end, enough. [old english] IAL
var. Of *-al.
var. Of *-an.
abbr. Independent broadcasting authority.
n. (also igbo) (pl. Same or -s) 1 member of a black people of se nigeria.
- their language. [native name] ICE
age n. Glacial period.
- blue adj. & n. (as adj. Often hyphenated) very pale blue. - bucket n. Bucket holding ice, used to chill wine. - cap n. Permanent covering of ice, esp. In polar regions. - hockey n. Form of hockey played on ice. - lolly n. (also iced lolly) flavoured ice on a stick. - —n. - a frozen water. B sheet of this on water. - ice-cream or water-ice (ate an ice). —v. (icing) 1 mix with or cool in ice (iced drinks). - (often foll. By over, up) a cover or become covered with ice. B freeze. - cover (a cake etc.) With icing. on ice 1 performed by skaters. - colloq. In reserve. On thin ice in a risky situation. [old english] ICS
suffix (treated as sing. Or pl.) Forming nouns denoting arts, sciences, etc. (athletics; politics).
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 very cold.
- covered with or abounding in ice. - (of a tone or manner) unfriendly, hostile. icily adv. Iciness n. IDE
suffix chem. Forming nouns denoting binary compounds of an element (sodium chloride; lead sulphide; calcium carbide). [extended from *oxide]
n. - colloq., usu. Derog. Sort, family, class, etc.
- (in of that ilk) scot. Of the ancestral estate with the same name as the family (guthrie of that ilk). [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.