What is the difference between a Russian optimist, pessimist and realist?
The optimist studies English.
The pessimist studies Chinese.
The realist stays home and cleans his kalashnikov.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: I
Found: 1165 results
abbr. Information technology.
- pron. (poss. Its; pl. They) 1 thing (or occasionally an animal or child) previously named or in question (took a stone and threw it).
- person in question (who is it? It is i).
- as the subject of an impersonal verb (it is raining; it is winter; it is two miles to bath).
- as a substitute for a deferred subject or object (it is silly to talk like that; i take it that you agree).
- as a substitute for a vague object (brazen it out).
- as the antecedent to a relative word or clause (it was an owl that i heard).
- exactly what is needed.
- extreme limit of achievement.
- colloq. A sexual intercourse. B sex appeal. 10 (in children's games) player who has to perform a required feat. that's it colloq. That is: 1 what is required.
- the difficulty.
- the end, enough. [old english]
var. Of *-al.
var. Of *-an.
abbr. Independent broadcasting authority.
n. (also igbo) (pl. Same or -s) 1 member of a black people of se nigeria.
- their language. [native name]
age n. Glacial period.
- blue adj. & n. (as adj. Often hyphenated) very pale blue.
- bucket n. Bucket holding ice, used to chill wine.
- cap n. Permanent covering of ice, esp. In polar regions.
- hockey n. Form of hockey played on ice.
- lolly n. (also iced lolly) flavoured ice on a stick.
- —n. - a frozen water. B sheet of this on water.
- ice-cream or water-ice (ate an ice). —v. (icing) 1 mix with or cool in ice (iced drinks).
- (often foll. By over, up) a cover or become covered with ice. B freeze.
- cover (a cake etc.) With icing. on ice 1 performed by skaters.
- colloq. In reserve. On thin ice in a risky situation. [old english]
suffix (treated as sing. Or pl.) Forming nouns denoting arts, sciences, etc. (athletics; politics).
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 very cold.
- covered with or abounding in ice.
- (of a tone or manner) unfriendly, hostile. icily adv. Iciness n.
suffix chem. Forming nouns denoting binary compounds of an element (sodium chloride; lead sulphide; calcium carbide). [extended from *oxide]
n. - colloq., usu. Derog. Sort, family, class, etc.
- (in of that ilk) scot. Of the ancestral estate with the same name as the family (guthrie of that ilk). [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A chameleon"s tongue is twice the length of its body.