A little boy comes home with his mother from a trip down town. Above his head he has a big bunch of balloons.
- Why do you need so many? - Asks his father. - Did not your mother and I teach you that you should save your money?
- I did not spend any! Its just that every time Mummy bought something the salesperson gave me a free balloon.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. (pl. -ies) climbing evergreen shrub with shiny five-angled leaves. [old english]
suffix (also -ise) forming verbs, meaning: 1 make or become such (americanize; realize).
- treat in such a way (monopolize; pasteurize). - a follow a special practice (economize). B have a specified feeling (sympathize). -ization suffix forming nouns. [greek -izo] IBEX
n. (pl. -es) wild mountain goat with thick curved ridged horns. [latin]
Abbr. In the same book or passage etc. [latin ibidem in the same place]
n. (pl. -es) wading bird with a curved bill, long neck, and long legs. [greek, from egyptian]
suffix forming adjectives meaning ‘that may or may be’ (forcible; possible). [latin]
- suffix forming adjectives meaning ‘that may or may be’ (forcible; possible). [latin] IBLY
suffix forming adverbs corresponding to adjectives in -ible.
suffix forming adjectives corresponding to nouns or adjectives in -ic or -y (classical; historical).
n. (also ikon) 1 painting of christ etc., esp. In the eastern church.
- image or statue. - symbol on a vdu screen of a program, option, or window, esp. For selection. iconic adj. [greek eikon image] IDEA
n. - plan etc. Formed by mental effort (an idea for a book).
- a mental impression or concept. B vague belief or fancy (had an idea you were married). - intention or purpose (the idea is to make money). - archetype or pattern. - ambition or aspiration (have ideas; put ideas into a person's head). have no idea colloq. - not know at all. - be completely incompetent. Not one's idea of colloq. Not what one regards as (not my idea of a holiday). [greek, = form, kind]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A South African monkey was once awarded a medal and promoted to the rank of corporal during World War I.