"Excuse me. Do you know the way to the zoo?"
"No, Im sorry I dont."
"Well, its two blocks this way, then one block to the left."
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: E
Found: 1101 results
v. (-ies, -ied) 1 make (an idea etc.) Actual or discernible.
- (of a thing) be a tangible expression of.
- include, comprise. embodiment n.
v. Carve or decorate with a design in relief. embossment n. [related to *boss2]
n. (pl. -s) 1 a unborn or unhatched offspring. B human offspring in the first eight weeks from conception.
- rudimentary plant in a seed.
- thing in a rudimentary stage.
- (attrib.) Undeveloped, immature. in embryo undeveloped. embryonic adj. [greek bruo grow]
v. (-ging) 1 come up or out into view.
- (of facts etc.) Become known, be revealed.
- become recognized or prominent.
- (of a question, difficulty, etc.) Become apparent. emergence n. Emergent adj. [latin: related to *merge]
—adj. That causes vomiting. —n. Emetic medicine. [greek emeo vomit]
n. Emigrant, esp. A political exile. [french]
n. - large group of states or countries under a single authority.
- supreme dominion.
- large commercial organization etc. Owned or directed by one person.
- (the empire) hist. The british empire. [latin imperium dominion]
—v. - use the services of (a person) in return for payment.
- use (a thing, time, energy, etc.) To good effect.
- keep (a person) occupied. —n. (in phr. In the employ of) employed by. employable adj. Employer n. [latin implicor be involved]
v. (-ling) 1 (foll. By to + infin.) Give (a person etc.) The means or authority.
- make possible.
- esp. Computing make (a device) operational; switch on.
—n. - glasslike opaque ornamental or preservative coating on metal etc.
- a smooth hard coating. B a kind of hard gloss paint. C cosmetic simulating this, esp. Nail varnish.
- hard coating of a tooth.
- painting done in enamel. —v. (-ll-; us -l-) inlay, coat, or portray with enamel.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.