One day Holmes and Watson are flying a dirigible balloon. It is foggy around, they have lost their way. Suddenly they see - a shepherd is grazing sheep below. The men are very glad and shout:
- The dear, tell us, please, where we are now?
- You are in the dirigible balloon.
- I understand... - Holmes says. - We are flying over Russia.
- But why? - Watson is surprised.
- It’s elementary, Buddy! Only a programmer could give such an exact and useless answer at the same time. And only in Russia programmers can look after sheep.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ies, -ied) 1 make (an idea etc.) Actual or discernible.
- (of a thing) be a tangible expression of. - include, comprise. embodiment n. EMBOSS
v. Carve or decorate with a design in relief. embossment n. [related to *boss2]
n. (pl. -s) 1 a unborn or unhatched offspring. B human offspring in the first eight weeks from conception.
- rudimentary plant in a seed. - thing in a rudimentary stage. - (attrib.) Undeveloped, immature. in embryo undeveloped. embryonic adj. [greek bruo grow] EMERGE
v. (-ging) 1 come up or out into view.
- (of facts etc.) Become known, be revealed. - become recognized or prominent. - (of a question, difficulty, etc.) Become apparent. emergence n. Emergent adj. [latin: related to *merge] EMETIC
—adj. That causes vomiting. —n. Emetic medicine. [greek emeo vomit]
n. Emigrant, esp. A political exile. [french]
n. - large group of states or countries under a single authority.
- supreme dominion. - large commercial organization etc. Owned or directed by one person. - (the empire) hist. The british empire. [latin imperium dominion] EMPLOY
—v. - use the services of (a person) in return for payment.
- use (a thing, time, energy, etc.) To good effect. - keep (a person) occupied. —n. (in phr. In the employ of) employed by. employable adj. Employer n. [latin implicor be involved] ENABLE
v. (-ling) 1 (foll. By to + infin.) Give (a person etc.) The means or authority.
- make possible. - esp. Computing make (a device) operational; switch on. ENAMEL
—n. - glasslike opaque ornamental or preservative coating on metal etc.
- a smooth hard coating. B a kind of hard gloss paint. C cosmetic simulating this, esp. Nail varnish. - hard coating of a tooth. - painting done in enamel. —v. (-ll-; us -l-) inlay, coat, or portray with enamel.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cheetah can run 105 kilometres per hour.(on short distances)