An English teacher wrote these words on the whiteboard: «woman without her man is nothing». The teacher then asked the students to punctuate the words correctly. The men wrote: «Woman, without her man, is nothing.»The women wrote: «Woman! Without her, man is nothing.»
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—adj. & pron. - one or the other of two (either of you can go; you may have either book).
- each of two (houses on either side of the road). —adv. & conj. - as one possibility (is either right or wrong). - as one choice or alternative; which way you will (either come in or go out). - (with neg.) A any more than the other (if you do not go, i shall not either). B moreover (there is no time to lose, either). [old english] ELAPSE
v. (-sing) (of time) pass by. [latin elabor elaps- slip away]
adj. First-born; oldest surviving.
adj. & n. - one more than ten.
- symbol for this (11, xi, xi). - size etc. Denoted by eleven. - team of eleven players at cricket, football, etc. - eleven o'clock. [old english] - adj. & n. - one more than ten. - symbol for this (11, xi, xi). - size etc. Denoted by eleven. - team of eleven players at cricket, football, etc. - eleven o'clock. [old english] ELICIT
v. (-t-) draw out (facts, a response, etc.), esp. With difficulty. [latin elicio]
- v. (-t-) draw out (facts, a response, etc.), esp. With difficulty. [latin elicio] ELIXIR
n. - a alchemist's preparation supposedly able to change metals into gold or (in full elixir of life) to prolong life indefinitely. B remedy for all ills.
- aromatic medicinal drug. [latin from arabic] ELVISH
v. - preserve (a corpse) from decay.
- preserve from oblivion. - make fragrant. embalmment n. [french: related to *balm] EMBARK
v. - (often foll. By for) put or go on board a ship or aircraft (to a destination).
- (foll. By on, in) begin an enterprise. embarkation n. (in sense 1). [french: related to *barque] EMBLEM
n. - symbol.
- (foll. By of) type, embodiment (the very emblem of courage). - heraldic or representative device. emblematic adj. [greek, = insertion]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The world"s largest mammal, the blue whale, weighs 50 tons at birth. Fully grown, it weighs as much as 150 tons.