Two factory workers are talking.
The woman says, "I can make the boss give me the day off."
The man replies, "And how would you do that?"
The woman says, "Just wait and see." She then hangs upside-down from the ceiling.
The boss comes in and says, "What are you doing?"
The woman replies, "I"m a light bulb."
The boss then says, "You"ve been working so much that you"ve gone crazy. I think you need to take the day off."
The man starts to follow her and the boss says, "Where are you going?"
The man says, "I"m going home, too. I can"t work in the dark."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
terrible n. (pl. Enfants terribles pronunc. Same) indiscreet or unruly person. [french, = terrible child]
v. - (usu. Foll. By in, with) wrap; envelop.
- clasp, embrace. ENGAGE
v. (-ging) 1 employ or hire (a person).
- a (usu. In passive) occupy (are you engaged tomorrow?). B hold fast (a person's attention). - (usu. In passive) bind by a promise, esp. Of marriage. - arrange beforehand to occupy (a room, seat, etc.). - a interlock (parts of a gear etc.). B (of a gear etc.) Become interlocked. - a come into battle with. B bring (troops) into battle with. C come into battle with (an enemy etc.). - take part (engage in politics). - (foll. By that + clause or to + infin.) Undertake. [french: related to *gage1] ENGINE
n. - mechanical contrivance of parts working together, esp. As a source of power (steam engine).
- a railway locomotive. B = *fire-engine. [latin ingenium device] ENGULF
v. Flow over and swamp; overwhelm. engulfment n.
n. - puzzling thing or person.
- riddle or paradox. enigmatic adj. Enigmatically adv. [latin from greek] ENJOIN
v. - command or order.
- (often foll. By on) impose (an action). - (usu. Foll. By from) law prohibit by injunction (from doing a thing). [latin injungo attach] ENLIST
v. - enrol in the armed services.
- secure as a means of help or support. enlistment n. ENMESH
v. Entangle in or as in a net.
n. (pl. -ies) 1 state of being an enemy.
- hostility. [romanic: related to *enemy]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat uses whiskers to determine if a space is too small to squeeze through. The whiskers act as antennae, helping the animal to judge the precise width of any passage.