A doctor and a lawyer were attending a cocktail party when the doctor was approached by a man who asked advice on how to handle his ulcer.
The doctor mumbled some medical advice, then turned to the lawyer and asked,
"How do you handle the situation when you are asked for advice during a social function?"
"Just send a bill for such advice" replied the lawyer.
On the next morning the doctor arrived at his surgery and issued the ulcer-stricken man a $50 bill.
That afternoon he received a $100 bill from the lawyer.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—adj. As much or as many as required (enough apples). —n. Sufficient amount or quantity (we have enough). —adv. - adequately (warm enough).
- fairly (sings well enough). - quite (you know well enough what i mean). have had enough of want no more of; be satiated with or tired of. Sure enough as expected. [old english] ENRAGE
v. (-ging) make furious. [french: related to *en-1]
v. - make rich or richer.
- make more nutritive. - increase the strength, wealth, value, or contents of. enrichment n. [french: related to *en-1] ENROLL
v. (brit. Enrol) (-ll-) 1 enlist.
- a write the name of (a person) on a list. B incorporate as a member. C enrol oneself, esp. For a course of study. enrolment n. [french: related to *en-1] ENSIGN
n. - banner or flag, esp. The military or naval flag of a nation.
- standard-bearer. - a hist. Lowest commissioned infantry officer. B us lowest commissioned naval officer. [french: related to *insignia] ENSURE
v. (-ring) 1 make certain.
- (usu. Foll. By against) make safe (ensure against risks). ensurer n. [anglo-french: related to *assure] ENTAIL
—v. - necessitate or involve unavoidably (entails much effort).
- law bequeath (an estate) to a specified line of beneficiaries so that it cannot be sold or given away. —n. Law 1 entailed estate. - succession to such an estate. [related to *tail2] ENTICE
v. (-cing) attract by the offer of pleasure or reward. enticement n. Enticing adj. Enticingly adv. [french enticier probably from romanic]
adj. - whole, complete.
- unbroken. - unqualified, absolute. - in one piece; continuous. [latin: related to *integer] ENTITY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 thing with distinct existence.
- thing's existence in itself. [latin ens ent- being]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Some ribbon worms will eat themselves if they can"t find any food.