"I have good news and bad news," the defense lawyer says to his client.
"Whats the bad news?"
The lawyer says, "Your blood matches the DNA found at the murder scene."
"Dammit!" cries the client. "What"s the good news?"
"Well," the lawyer says, "Your cholesterol is down to 140."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - lending of money at interest, esp. At an exorbitant or illegal rate.
- interest at this rate. usurious adj. [anglo-french or medieval latin: related to *use] UTTER
attrib. Adj. Complete, absolute. utterly adv. [old english, comparative of *out]
- v. - emit audibly. - express in words. - law put (esp. Forged money) into circulation. [dutch] UTURN
n. - u-shaped turn of a vehicle so as to face in the opposite direction.
- abrupt reversal of policy. UVULA
n. (pl. Uvulae) fleshy part of the soft palate hanging above the throat. uvular adj. [latin diminutive of uva grape]
v. (-ies, -ied) make ugly.
n. - amount by which a cask etc. Falls short of being full.
- loss by evaporation or leakage. [french from latin] ULSTER
n. Long loose overcoat of rough cloth. [ulster in ireland]
adj. Commerce of last month (the 28th ultimo). [latin, = in the last (mense month)]
n. - mark (¨) used over a vowel, esp. In germanic languages, to indicate a vowel change.
- such a vowel change, e.g. German mann, männer, english man, men. [german] UMPIRE
—n. Person enforcing rules and settling disputes in esp. Cricket or between disputants. —v. (-ring) (often foll. By for, in, etc.) Act as umpire (in). [french nonper not equal: related to *peer2]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Ostriches live about 75 years and can reproduce for 50 years.