- Sir! Did you have a good holiday? Did you go away?
- Yes, I went to France, to Paris.
- Did you have much trouble with your French when you were there?
- No, I didn"t - but the Parisians did.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: U
Found: 1086 results
n. - lending of money at interest, esp. At an exorbitant or illegal rate.
- interest at this rate. usurious adj. [anglo-french or medieval latin: related to *use]
attrib. Adj. Complete, absolute. utterly adv. [old english, comparative of *out]
- v. - emit audibly.
- express in words.
- law put (esp. Forged money) into circulation. [dutch]
n. - u-shaped turn of a vehicle so as to face in the opposite direction.
- abrupt reversal of policy.
n. (pl. Uvulae) fleshy part of the soft palate hanging above the throat. uvular adj. [latin diminutive of uva grape]
v. (-ies, -ied) make ugly.
n. - amount by which a cask etc. Falls short of being full.
- loss by evaporation or leakage. [french from latin]
n. Long loose overcoat of rough cloth. [ulster in ireland]
adj. Commerce of last month (the 28th ultimo). [latin, = in the last (mense month)]
n. - mark (¨) used over a vowel, esp. In germanic languages, to indicate a vowel change.
- such a vowel change, e.g. German mann, männer, english man, men. [german]
—n. Person enforcing rules and settling disputes in esp. Cricket or between disputants. —v. (-ring) (often foll. By for, in, etc.) Act as umpire (in). [french nonper not equal: related to *peer2]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cow produces 200 times more gas a day than a person.