As the doctor completed an examination of the patient, he said:
- I can"t find a cause for your complaint. Frankly, I think it"s due to drinking.
- In that case, - said the patient, - I"ll come back when you"re sober.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - lending of money at interest, esp. At an exorbitant or illegal rate.
- interest at this rate. usurious adj. [anglo-french or medieval latin: related to *use] UTTER
attrib. Adj. Complete, absolute. utterly adv. [old english, comparative of *out]
- v. - emit audibly. - express in words. - law put (esp. Forged money) into circulation. [dutch] UTURN
n. - u-shaped turn of a vehicle so as to face in the opposite direction.
- abrupt reversal of policy. UVULA
n. (pl. Uvulae) fleshy part of the soft palate hanging above the throat. uvular adj. [latin diminutive of uva grape]
v. (-ies, -ied) make ugly.
n. - amount by which a cask etc. Falls short of being full.
- loss by evaporation or leakage. [french from latin] ULSTER
n. Long loose overcoat of rough cloth. [ulster in ireland]
adj. Commerce of last month (the 28th ultimo). [latin, = in the last (mense month)]
n. - mark (¨) used over a vowel, esp. In germanic languages, to indicate a vowel change.
- such a vowel change, e.g. German mann, männer, english man, men. [german] UMPIRE
—n. Person enforcing rules and settling disputes in esp. Cricket or between disputants. —v. (-ring) (often foll. By for, in, etc.) Act as umpire (in). [french nonper not equal: related to *peer2]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Dragonflies have six legs but cannot walk.