prep. = *on. [from up on]
n. Language related to hindi but with many persian words, used esp. In pakistan. [hindustani]
n. Soluble nitrogenous compound contained esp. In urine. [french uree from greek ouron urine]
—v. (-ging) 1 (often foll. By on) drive forcibly; hasten.
- encourage or entreat earnestly or persistently.
- (often foll. By on, upon) advocate (an action or argument etc.) Emphatically (to a person). —n. - urging impulse or tendency.
- strong desire. [latin urgeo]
acid n. Constituent of urine.
- adj. Of urine. [french urique: related to *urine]
major n. = great bear (see *bear2). [latin]
- minor n. = little bear (see *bear2). [latin]
abbr. United states air force.
n. Person who uses a thing.
abbr. Hist. Union of soviet socialist republics.
abbr. Unplasticized polyvinyl chloride.