A friend was in front of me coming out of church one day, and the preacher was standing at the door as he always is to shake hands.
He grabbed my friend by the hand and pulled him aside. Pastor said, “You need to join the Army of the Lord!”
My friend said, “I’m already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor.”
Pastor questioned, “How come I don’t see you except at Christmas and Easter?”
He whispered back, “I’m in the Secret Service.”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
abbr. United states of america.
—v. (using) 1 cause to act or serve for a purpose; bring into service.
- treat in a specified manner (used him shamefully). - exploit for one's own ends. - did or had habitually (i used to drink; it used not (or did not use) to rain so often). - (as used adj.) Second-hand. - (as used predic. Adj.) (foll. By to) familiar by habit; accustomed (used to hard work). —n. - using or being used. - right or power of using (lost the use of his legs). - benefit, advantage (a torch would be of use; it's no use talking). - custom or usage (established by long use). have no use for 1 not need. - dislike, be contemptuous of. In use being used. Make use of 1 use. - benefit from. Out of use not being used. Use up 1 consume completely. - find a use for (leftovers etc.). [french us, user, ultimately from latin utor us-] UCCA
abbr. Universities central council on admissions.
abbr. Union of european football associations.
n. (pl. -lis or -lies) propr. Mottled green and yellow hybrid of a grapefruit and a tangerine. [from *ugly]
adj. (-lier, -liest) 1 unpleasant to the eye, ear, or mind etc. (ugly scar; ugly snarl).
- unpleasantly suggestive; discreditable (ugly rumours). - threatening, dangerous (an ugly look). - morally repulsive (ugly vices). ugliness n. [old norse] - customer n. Threatening or violent person. - duckling n. Person lacking early promise but blossoming later. ULNA
n. (pl. Ulnae) 1 thinner and longer bone in the forearm, opposite to the thumb.
- corresponding bone in an animal's foreleg or a bird's wing. ulnar adj. [latin] UNDO
v. (3rd sing. Present -does; past -did; past part. -done; pres. Part. -doing) 1 unfasten (a coat, button, parcel, etc.), or the clothing of (a person).
- annul, cancel (cannot undo the past). - ruin the prospects, reputation, or morals of. UNIT
cost n. Cost of producing one item.
- n. - a individual thing, person, or group, esp. For calculation. B smallest component of a complex whole. - quantity as a standard of measurement (unit of heat; si unit). - smallest share in a unit trust. - part of a mechanism with a specified function. - fitted item of furniture, esp. As part of a set. - subgroup with a special function. - group of buildings, wards, etc., in a hospital. - a single-digit number. B the number ‘one’. [latin unus one] - price n. Price charged for each unit of goods supplied. - trust n. Company investing contributions from many persons in various securities and paying proportional dividends. UNTO
prep. Archaic = *to (in all uses except signalling the infinitive). [from *until, with to replacing til]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cheetah can run 105 kilometres per hour.(on short distances)