One evening Sherlock Holmes was going along the street and suddenly saw a man down…
- It’s certain, this gentleman is very tired after work… or he is dead drunk… or he is after being with a woman, … — reflected Holmes. As it’s Sunday today, he can’t be coming back from work… At such a late hour all shops are closed, and he couldn’t buy alcohol. So he is coming back from a woman. But in this remote place there are only two women — Watson’s wife and mine. Consequently, as I’m coming back from Watson’s wife, …
- Watson, rascal, get up!!!
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—n. - written or printed piece of paper or card entitling the holder to enter a place, participate in an event, travel by public transport, etc.
- notification of a traffic offence etc. (parking ticket). - certificate of discharge from the army. - certificate of qualification as a ship's master, pilot, etc. - price etc. Label. - esp. Us a list of candidates put forward by one group, esp. A political party. B principles of a party. - (prec. By the) colloq. What is correct or needed. —v. (-t-) attach a ticket to. [obsolete french etiquet] TICKLE
—v. (-ling) 1 a touch or stroke (a person etc.) Playfully or lightly so as to produce laughter and spasmodic movement. B produce this sensation.
- excite agreeably; amuse. - catch (a trout etc.) By rubbing it so that it moves backwards into the hand. —n. TIDBIT
n. (brit. Titbit) 1 dainty morsel.
- piquant item of news etc. [perhaps from dial. Tid tender] TIDDLY
adj. (-ier, -iest) colloq. Slightly drunk. [origin unknown]
- adj. (-ier, -iest) colloq. Little. [origin unknown] TIEDYE
n. (also tie and dye) method of producing dyed patterns by tying string etc. To keep the dye away from parts of the fabric.
n. Ornamental pin for holding a tie in place.
n. Ind. Light meal, esp. Lunch. [apparently from tiffing sipping]
n.pl. - thin close-fitting wool or nylon etc. Garment covering the legs, feet, and the lower part of the torso, worn by women and girls.
- similar garment worn by a dancer, acrobat, etc. TILING
n. - process of fixing tiles.
- area of tiles. TILLER
n. Bar fitted to a boat's rudder to turn it in steering. [anglo-french telier weaver's beam]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Armadillos are the only animal besides humans that can get leprosy.