A speeding motorist was caught by radar from a police helicopter in the sky.
An officer pulled him over and began to issue a traffic ticket.
"How did you know I was speeding?" the frustrated driver asked.
The police officer pointed somberly toward the sky.
"You mean," asked the motorist, "that even He is against me?"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - wood prepared for building, carpentry, etc.
- piece of wood or beam, esp. As the rib of a vessel. - large standing trees. - (esp. As int.) Warning cry that a tree is about to fall. [old english, = building] TIMBRE
n. Distinctive character of a musical sound or voice apart from its pitch and volume. [greek: related to *tympanum]
adj. (-ier, -iest) opportune; coming at the right time. timeliness n.
n. - way an action or process is timed.
- regulation of the opening and closing of valves in an internal-combustion engine. TINDER
n. Dry substance that readily catches fire from a spark. tindery adj. [old english]
—v. (-ling) 1 feel a slight prickling, stinging, or throbbing sensation.
- cause this (the reply tingled in my ears). —n. Tingling sensation. tingly adj. [probably from *tinkle] TINKER
—n. - itinerant mender of kettles and pans etc.
- scot. & ir. Gypsy. - colloq. Mischievous person or animal. - spell of tinkering. —v. - (foll. By at, with) work in an amateurish or desultory way. - work as a tinker. [origin unknown] TINKLE
—v. (-ling) (cause to) make a succession of short light ringing sounds. —n. - tinkling sound.
- colloq. Telephone call. tinkly adj. [imitative] TINPAN
alley n. World of composers and publishers of popular music.
attrib. Adj. Cheap, inferior.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Crocodiles and alligators are surprisingly fast on land. Although they are rapid, they are not agile; so if you ever find yourself chased by one, run in a zigzag line. You"ll lose him or her every time.